Many Asus laptop users notice that sometimes the ASUS Smart Gesture stops working on their system. Users also report that this usually occurs when they upgrade their operating system. The issue can be very annoying because you are unable to use the convenient gestures to control your laptop’s touchpad. But don’t worry when this error occurs; you can perform some simple resolves to get the laptop back in its track.
ASUS Smart Gesture Not Working- Perform A Reset
Maybe the Asus Smart Gesture is not working because of some incorrect settings. If you try to reset the program, you can resolve the smart gesture not working problem.
- Press the Windows key and R at the same time and when the run box appears, enter “control”
- When the control panel appears, select Large icons in the View by drop-down menu
- Here, you have to select ASUS Smart Gesture
- When you find the Set all to default button, hit on it
- Lastly, restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed
If this does not help you in fixing the difficulty, try out the next method.
Update the Asus Touchpad Driver
When using a wrong or outdated driver, your ASUS smart gesture can stop working. Perhaps, if you try to update your driver, you can fix the error. One easy way to update your driver is using Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a tool designed to scan the driver problems of your system. You don’t have to take the risk of downloading and installing your system drivers, so let the software do the job for you. You can download and install the free or pro version of Driver Easy.
- Download and install the tool on your computer
- Run Driver Easy and hit the Scan now button; after that, the tool will automatically start scanning for driver related issues
- When the tool detects any driver error, just hit the Update button to download the latest and correct drivers for your system. You can also hit the Update All to install all the right drivers at once.
Note: You will be prompted to upgrade Driver Easy to the pro version when you hit Update All. You can also read: Zedge for PC
Reinstall the Asus Smart Gesture- Latest Version
The program you are using can be incompatible with your operating system, but if you reinstall the program with the latest version, you can fix the issue-
- Open the run box, pressing Win+R
- And enter “control” in the empty box
- Once in the control panel, select Large icons from the View by drop-down menu
- From there, just select Programs and Features
- Do a right-click on ASUS Smart Gesture and select Uninstall
- Restart your computer.
Once uninstalling the old version, you can download the latest one from the official store. And after that, you can use ASUS Smart Gesture again just like before. Tell us in the comment box below if you need any help regarding this.