Just like Blue Screen of Death, Black Screen of Death is another Windows problem many users have come across. And the good news is that it has many easy solutions that you can perform to resolve the problem. I have a handpicked some easy methods that can help you with the fixes; check out below
Black Screen of Death-Easy Solutions
I know that you are frustrated looking the efficient way to fix the issue. So, I recommend you to try out the steps I have provided below to fix the Black Screen of Death error in a matter of a minute.
- Hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to power down the Windows laptop
- Then, try to disconnect your PC from the internet connection
- Disconnect or remove any external peripherals that are currently attached to your computer such as an external hard drive
- You have to take out all the power supply from the system and if it is a laptop, you have to remove the battery
- Let the computer be in this state for a minute or so
- Then plug back in everything that you have removed and put the battery back again in its place
- After that, plug in your internet port and after a few seconds, turn on your computer
If you have followed the above steps carefully, your computer will boot up normally and after the boot process is completed, the setup process will resume and for it to be completed, you have to wait for a few minutes, or maybe an hour.
You can also read: CHKDSK Not Responding to Windows
Turn On Safe Mode to Resolve Black Screen of Death
Black screen of death is a very complicated error and can be very difficult to get out sometimes. The best way to get rid of it is to turn on safe mode. In order to boot your computer in safe mode, you require to turn off and turn on your computer three times. After you are finished, your computer will go into safe mode automatically.
- Once you have booted your computer in safe mode, click on the advanced options located on the Windows recovery screen
- Next, click on troubleshoot and go to advanced options
- After that, click on startup settings
- Here a new page will open and you have to click on restart
- When you see another opened page, you have to press number 4; this process will restart Windows in safe mode.
Once your Windows computer is booted in safe mode, you’ll be able to solve the Black Screen of Death problem within a few time span.
Black Screen of Death Can Harm Your System
It is true that a Black Screen of Death error can bog down your Windows 10 PC. There can be various factors lying behind this error and if you are seeing this error in your PC, then the possibility is that there is something wrong with your computer.
When you see this error, you now the solutions I have given here so you’d know what to do. But if you have some other solutions, please tell us in the comment section below.