The BOOTMGR is Missing error message appears in Windows OS. This Windows 10 error is very unyielding that can also be found in the different Windows versions. So whatever it is, you can easily fix it if you follow the right methods. Here are some methods we are representing to you so that you can easily resolve the error in no time. But first, let’s talk about this error briefly.
BOOTMGR is Missing- What Does this Mean?
This BOOTMGR error comes with many different types of error messages including, “BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart”, “Couldn’t find BOOTMGR” etc. Both of these messages refer to the one error that is BOOTMGR is Missing error. Now, what is BOOTMGR by the way?
Well, BOOTMGR is the short term for Windows Boot Manager. This BOOTMGR can read your boot configuration information and show the operating system selection menu. Sometimes the error can occur due to some factors such as an incorrect bootable disk, damaged MBR, outdated BIOS, loose or damaged hard disk interface cables, etc. Here are some of the most relevant reasons why this error comes up on your Windows PC.
BOOTMGR is Missing- Why Does this Come Up?
When you start your system, the Power On Self Test processes begin to run by BIOS and after that, it boots your Windows copy. The error message can appear when the POST process is complete and your Windows starts to load. The BOOTMGR missing error can appear due to many things such as boot sector viruses, failed Windows installs or updates or crashed hard disks. You can also read: Your Connection Is Not Private
Another possible reason is when your PC tries to boot from a non-bootable hard or flash drive, the error can appear.
BOOTMGR is Missing: Guaranteed Fix- Use Recovery Essentials
You can fix the error by using the built-in Automated Repair option or the EasyRE which you can download on your Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
- Before going to download Easy Recovery Essentials, please check your Windows version (XP, Vista, 7 or 8). Burn the image carefully cause you are making a bootable CD
- Run the tool and boot up your system from the ERE CD or USB you created
- While the tool is running, select the “Automated Repair” option and hit Continue
- Now the EasyRE will scan your computer drives, you have to identify and choose the right drive letter for your Windows installation from the list; you have to click on the Automated Repair button to start the process
- Make sure you select the drive connected with the Windows installation you’re attempting to correct.
- Now the Easy Recovery Essentials tool will start detecting your drive problems and will automatically try to repair the errors.
- It will try to correct all the errors with the disk, partition, boot sector, filesystem, bootloader, and registry; and you don’t need to perform any step
- Once the process is over, the tool will show you the report card
- You have to restart your device by now and the changes will be saved as well as your issue will be fixed.
You should no longer encounter the “BOOTMGR is Missing” message by now. Tell us in the comment box below if you need any extra assistance regarding the same.