BootMGR is a boot manager software which is loaded via volume boot code which is a part of volume boot record. BootMGR helps your PC with the startup process and when the BOOTMGR is Missing on Windows PC error message creeps up, we really get frustrated. However, you don’t have to worry anymore. You can check out these resolution steps and perform an easy resolve.
Possible Reasons for BOOTMGR is Missing on Windows PC
When the issue creeps up on your Windows PC, there is a chance that something wrong has happened to your computer. I admit, that’s a matter of concern, but if you follow the right steps properly, you can get rid of this problem quickly. Now have a look at the possible reasons that cause this error on your computer-
- The most common reason for the BOOTMGR error is corrupted and misconfigured files
- Computer hardware problem also causes the BOOTMGR error
- Due to lost hard drive cable or an outdated windows BIOS
- If your PC is trying to boot from an external drive or a flash drive, it is a high chance that you are seeing this error.
These are the common reasons of the BOOTMGR problem and can happen in all Windows operating system. Let’s now move on to the possible resolutions that will help get rid of the issue in no time.
You can also read: Play Store For PC
BOOTMGR is Missing on Windows PC(Fixed)
I have provided some of the easiest methods in the below section. You can apply these to fix your BOOTMGR is Missing on Windows PC problem.
Rebuild Your Boot Configuration Data
One of the most effective ways to solve your BootMGR problem is rebuilding your boot configuration data, and to do that, you require to follow these steps-
- Start your system with the help of the installation CD installed on your Windows computer
- A message will appear: Press any key to boot from CD or DVD, press any key to proceed further with the same
- Now, from the next page, select your language, an input method, also a currency.
- You will see a newly opened page on-screen, from there, select Repair your Computer
- Here a new system recovery options page will open and you have to click on Windows installation drive from there and then click on Next
- From the new system recovery page, select the Repair your Computer option
- From the new page, you’ll now have to select your Operating system and then select Next
- From a system recovery window, a new page will be opened, from there, you have to select the Command Prompt option
- In the command prompt box, you have to type the following command:
- Lastly, hit Enter
- If this method does not help, please follow the other one.
Launch Startup Repair- BOOTMGR is Missing on Windows PC
- Turn on your PC, inserting the Windows installation disc
- Press any key when you encounter the “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” message
- language, an input method, also a currency and click Next
- Select your operating system, and then click Next
- Click Startup Repair
These processes will help you solve the BOOTMGR is Missing on Windows PC problem and if you are successfully able to remove the problem from your computer, don’t forget to leave us a comment below.