Most of the regular Google Chrome users have encountered this Chrome ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error at least for once in lifetime If you one of them, just don’t freak out. I am here with the most effective resolution methods. So, check out the sections I have mentioned below and solve the problem on your own.
Generally, when this issue creeps up, you are unable to connect with your destination. But there some websites out there which can be the exception for this issue. This problem can occur due to many factors. You could go through all the solution methods and perform the one you think is applicable.
Basic Reasons Why Chrome ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error Occurs
Check out the possible reasons for the problem-
- Your Windows PC has problems with Windows registry
- Your Google Chrome browser has issues
- DNS probe finished without Internet
The problem may seem difficult, I have handpicked some quick solutions that I think you should try.
You can also read: Headphones Not Working
How to Resolve Chrome ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error for Windows 10
There are various methods of resolving this issue and the ones I have mentioned here are the easiest. So, why not try these out?
Check Proxy Connection
When you are utilizing Windows-10 or other Windows versions, you need to verify web’s proxy settings. So, let’s follow the steps below to check that out-
- You can erase a section of ‘Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN’ from LAN settings to resolve the issue
- Go to Windows Control Panel then -> Internet Options -> Press Windows+ R -> Type “inetcpl.cpl” -> Press Enter -> Open Internet Properties -> Click on Connection tab -> Settings of LAN
- You need to visit the Proxy server section then check the ‘Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN’ option
- Lastly, click on OK and see if the error is still bothering you.
If the above-mentioned steps do not help, please apply the other methods.
Reset The IP Address
- Open the Run box first (Windows+R)
- Then type cmd in that box
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type the following commands-
- “ipconfig /flushdns“
- “nbtstat –r”
- “netsh int IP reset.”
- “netsh Winsock reset catalog”
- Then press the Enter button
- Reboot your computer to apply the changes
This is one of the proven ways to resolve the CONNECTION_RESET Error, but you can also follow the other methods.
Evaluate the Power Cycle
You need to check out the connection of your Internet and wireless connection. To make sure, you can also unplug your internet cable and power supply and keep it like that for 5 minutes. Then try to reset it once again. This can help you solve the Chrome ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error.
Conduct A Full Antivirus Scan
Try to scan your computer to make sure no malicious program is causing such a problem.
- You can download and install Malwarebytes and CCleaner
- Run Malwarebytes and let it scan your PC for harmful files
- If there are any malware, it will erase them automatically
- Also, download and run CCleaner
- Then click on Run Cleaner
- Choose “Scan for Issue”
This Cleaner will repair your broken Windows registry and many other problems. But even if after performing all these, you still encounter the problem, you need to tell us in the comment box below.