Chrome Update Failed Error 12 basically happens when you are trying to update your Google Chrome browser. This is one of the most common Chrome issues users come across, and I have come up with a few effective solutions that can help you solve the problem. So, check out the guide and perform the resolution steps along.
Google Chrome Update Failed Error 12(Resolved)
The problem is not that complicated as you think you might be. It’s just that you don’t know the possible approaches to resolve the problem. I have divided this guide into some sections which will help you with a comprehensive resolution process of the Error 12.
Re-Install Google Chrome Web Browser
Reinstalling Chrome can help you fix many technical bugs and glitches. You have uninstall the browser from your Windows PC first, and then you can re-install it once again.
Remove Google Chrome:
Windows 7/8/8.1 users follow these steps-
- Go to Start and open control panel or select settings and open Control panel
- Here you will have to select the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option, then double-click on Google Chrome
- You have to remove everything such as preferences and saved data
- Click uninstall to complete the action
Windows 10 users can follow these steps-
- Click Start and choose settings button
- Open Apps and look for the Google Chrome app and select it
- Next click Uninstall and then you have to complete the action
- Select Uninstall Chrome with saved data and cookies
- Click Uninstall once again to complete the action.
Now that you have removed Chrome from your Windows computer successfully, you have to move forward to the next stage of the Chrome Update Failed Error solution process.
You can also read: Google Chrome Unresponsive
Install Google Chrome
- First, you need to download the Chrome browser and to do so, open a new tab and visit the Chrome download page
- Next, you can click on the Download Chrome option to start the process
- You require to agree to the terms and conditions
- After the download is successfully finished, run the installed package
- Then the installer will complete the process by itself. The process will take sometimes so, sit and wait.
After completing the process, log in to your Google account and import all the saved data and bookmarks to your browser. The Chrome Update Failed Error should be resolved by now, in case it still persists, please try a different method.
Update Chrome Browser
As per feedbacks from various Chrome users, updating the browser helps a lot in fixing any kind of browser problem. So, in this case, you can try out this process to see if it works out or not.
- Start Chrome and click on the Menu button
- You have to click the three vertical dots from the top-right corner
- Here you have to go to Help and click on About Google Chrome
- Now Google will display the available latest versions of the browser and will start downloading them automatically
After completing this process, check if the Chrome Update Failed Error is solved or not. If you are still encountering the Chrome Update Failed Error problem, please let us know in the comment box below.