The Dns_probe_finished_bad_config is a common network error that appears when you are trying to reach a website. It is a DNS related error which is very annoying because it does not let you access anything on the internet. But since you are already here, I will tell you some easy-to-perform steps that will help you fix the issue in no time.
As the name suggests, it is a DNS related problem, that means Domain Name Server configuration error. This network error prevents your computer from establishing a connection with the network. This error can occur in any of your browsers and on any website you are trying to reach. I have mentioned some common reasons why this error occurs; check out the below section.
Why Dns_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config Error?
Check out some common reasons why you are encountering DNS problem on your computer.
- An unauthorized app can change your network settings on your router
- You may have changed your network settings by accident
- A VPN service has changed your IP address, and you are facing the error
DNS is a specific IP address that was assigned to your computer by the network you are using. When the network fails to translate your IP address, you encounter this error while visiting a web page. I have listed some quick solutions in the section below. Check them out to resolve Dns_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config error quickly. You can also read:
Kik Login Online and Geometry Dash for PC
Easy Fixes for Dns_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config
Restart Your Router
The first method you can apply is to restart your router. It can help you fix the network problem no matter whether you are using an Android device or a Windows PC. simply turn off your router then wait for a few minutes before powering it on again. After restarting your router, please restart your computer as well. After restarting both the devices, connect your computer to the wifi.
Check if you can visit any website without a glitch. But if the DNS problem still occurs, you can follow other steps.
Clear Web Browser Caches
Sometimes due to caches and cookies in your browser, you face this Dns_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config error message. So, you can simply delete all those cache files to improve your browser experience. Just follow the instructions I have provided to perform a hassle-free solution.
- Open your browser and then go to settings
- Look for browsing data option or history
- Now clear all the caches and cookies
In most of the cases, clearing all these browsing data solves the Dns_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config problem. But if you are still unable to resolve the problem, please follow the one remaining method.
Change DNS Address
Here are the steps for changing DNS address of your network adapter-
- Open Start menu from your Windows computer
- Select the “Open Network and Sharing Center”. You can also search for ‘network and sharing’ option
- From the network settings page, you can select the “Change Adapter Settings” option then right-click on it and choose Properties
- Select the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and then you have to open its properties
- Change the DNS server to 188.8.131.52 and in the alternate field, type 184.108.40.206
- Save settings
After you are done, check if you can visit a website or not. If you are still facing the same Dns_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config problem, talk to your internet provider.