The DPC Watchdog Violation Error Windows problem is not an uncommon Windows problem. If you are one of the many users who has come across this error, you can check out the possible resolutions I have provided here. These are the easiest methods for resolving the issue which is also known as Blue Screen of Death error(BSOD).
How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error Windows?
You follow the resolution methods I have provided here, you can solve the problem easily and in a very few time span. So, don’t waste your time and apply the methods listed below-
Modify SATA ACHI Controller Driver
- Press the Windows key and X together at the same time
- Then from the list, click on Device Manager
- From the drop-down menu, you have to expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
- Then right-click on the SATA ACHI controller and click Properties
- Next, go to the Driver tab and click Driver Details to recheck if you have chosen the right controller
- You have to confirm that the ‘iaStorA.sys’ is listed as a driver then click OK to exit
- Click on Driver from top options and then click Update Driver
- Next, you have to click on Browse my computer for driver software
- Here you will get an option, “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”- click on it
- After selecting Standard SATA AHCI Controller, click Next
- Now you have to perform the rest of the procedure as the on-screen instructions
- And after going through all these steps, perform a restart of your PC
You can also read: Micro SD Card Not Responding
You just need to update your driver software when you encounter DPC Watchdog Violation Error Windows error. There are two ways to update your driver, you can do it from Windows Device Manager or manually by downloading the driver software.
Update with Windows Device Manager
- Press Windows key+ R together to open the run box
- Then you have to type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and hit Enter
- Here the list of installed drivers will open in a new Device Manager window
- Choose the right drivers from the list then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software
- There are two options available and you have to select one-
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse my computer for driver software
- The first option will allow you to search for driver software online and it will update the driver automatically
- The second option requires you to having the driver software on your hard drive.
Update Manually Using the Latest Installer Package
Sometimes the Windows software can’t detect the exact malfunctioned driver and in those cases, you can try out these steps-
- Visit the PC manufacturer website of your computer
- Now locate the driver download center where you can find the latest driver software for your computer
- Some website will automatically detect the model number but if yours doesn’t, type the model number of your device
- Next, you have to select the driver software you need to update
- Here you have to download the installation packages and install them on your computer to resolve the issue.
By performing these steps, you can easily solve the DPC Watchdog Violation Error Windows problem. But if you are still searching for the desired result, please drop a comment below.