When you meet a pop-up that reads “Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware”, you are unable to play a game on your computer. This is a graphics card error that stops you from using the graphics card on your Windows system. In this situation, all you need is a list of solutions that can help you to get rid of this issue. Here, you can get the job done.
“Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” Error- A Few Simple Processes to Fix the Error Message
Here we represent a few ways to fix this graphics card error. Try out all the methods until you get a satisfactory result. You can also read: Err_Connection_Timed_Out
Method One- Run the System File Checker
When graphics hardware related system files get corrupted or missing, the “Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” Error can appear. The System File Checker tool will help you repair those damaged file and fix the problem. Here are the steps of how to run the tool on your computer.
- In the search bar, type command then press and hold down the Ctrl + shift keys and hit Enter
- Now, launch the Command Prompt application with your administrator access and if asks for permission, click Yes to confirm
- In the command prompt window, you have to type sfc/scannow then hit Enter and the scan will begin
- In case there are any corrupted or damaged files in your computer, the System File Checker will diagnose it
- Next, type dism/Online/Cleanup-Image/Scanhealth to scan the computer and after when the scan is over, type in the dism/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth command and press Enter
- Wait sometimes til the process is finished; then restart your computer for the effects to take place.
After restarting your computer, check if the error is present or not. This method solves the problem in most of the cases, in case it does not help you, you can move on to the next method.
Method Two- Use the Windows Registry Editor
If the method above did not help you to fix the “Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” Error, then don’t worry. We can still solve the error by using the Windows Registry Editor. This will increase the processing time of your graphics card, but for that, you must adjust the value of Timeout Detection and Recovery.
- Press Windows logo key + R and the Run box will appear where you will have to type regedit and press Enter
- The Windows Registry Editor will open; go to the left panel and follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > GraphicsDrivers
- Create a new DWORD (32 bit) entry there and name it TdrDelay0
- Do a double-click on the TdrDelay and set its value to 8. Then click OK and save the changes
- Close the Editor and restart your computer now
When the PC boots again, check if you encounter the “Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” Error or not. The Issue should be resolved by now. In case you are still unable to get rid of the issue, please drop us a comment below.