After doing a fresh install of Windows, many users have reported the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0 error. This error occurs when you install some unnecessary software. But other than that, the error can also occur when you install Adobe software and try to open it. Fortunately, the error has many methods to get fixed.
What is ApI-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0 Error?
The error is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable involves Visual Studio. If you have not installed Microsoft package in your system, then any software that needs that particular dll, will have trouble to open and run and you will encounter this error. Maybe you have installed the package, but somehow it got damaged and you are facing this error.
How to Fix Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0? Perform These Easy Methods-
Always remember not to download the dlls from any suspicious website not even from any legitimate website because the file can always be a virus. The only safe option is to download it from the official Microsoft website. So, here I have shared some easy ways that you can perform to get rid of the Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0 error in no time.
Update Your Windows to Fix the Error
Windows updates also include Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio, but if you do not have, you can simply install it using the following solutions-
- Open Start menu option and in the search bar, type “update”
- Then click “Check for updates” and once again, click on that option
- Then Windows will start searching for updates automatically, and if you are on Windows 10, it will get installed automatically
- But if you are a Windows 7 user, you have to click on “Install Updates”
- Then you might have to restart your computer
Now open the program that was showing the error. Hope you won’t encounter it again, but if you do, just follow the other steps.
You Can Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio From Microsoft
To download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio and install it directly from Microsoft, you can follow the following steps-
- Go to the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio download page in Microsoft website
- Click on Download when you see the option
- Then you have to choose your system type
- Then run the .exe file which you have downloaded and then follow the on-screen instructions
When the installation is complete, you can open the program and check if the error is resolved or not. If not resolved, apply another method. Here’s something you can also read:
KMode Exception Not Handled.
You Can Repair Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
There is a chance the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio on your computer is damaged. In that case, you can repair it; just follow up-
- Open control panel and from there, go to Programs and Features
- Then select Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and click Change
- Then click Repair and follow the instructions.
After completing all the processes, you should not face the Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0 error anymore. But if you are still confused, just let us know and we will help you to fix it.