The “Err_Connection_Timed_Out” Error is a common network error that appears to your Google Chrome browser. The possible reasons for this issue can be either with your internet connection or your browser. We have provided step-by-step solutions for you to resolve the Google Chrome connection error in no time on your own.
Fixing Chrome’s “Err_Connection_Timed_Out” Error
This error can be very annoying when it appears on your Chrome browser. You cannot access any website, you are unable to surf the internet. However, if you put the right effort in the right direction, you can fix the connection error easily. There are a few ways you can resolve the issue easily. You can also read: Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware
Here we have given some methods for you; you might not have to try them all. Just check them out which one works for you to resolve the error message.
1- Ensure Your Internet Connectivity
You are most likely encountering this error message when your internet connection is down. You have to check first if your internet connection is properly working without an issue. Your hardware components can also affect your internet connectivity. So make sure there is no damage in it that might ruin your internet connection.
If you think that this is not an issue with your internet connection, you can move on to the next solution.
2- Disable Firewall
At times when your computer’s firewall blocks websites from loading, you can find out the “Err_Connection_Timed_Out” Error. Your firewall software blocks those websites due to security reasons, hence, if you try to disable the firewall, you might be able to resolve the problem as well.
These steps clarify how to disable your computer’s firewall:
- Open the control panel from your Windows computer then select the View by as Categories
- From the list of many categories, you should find the System Security option; click on it
- Next, click Windows Defender Firewall and from the left side, tap on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off”
- Now, you have to check the box next to the option that reads “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)”
After completing all these steps, close all the applications and open Chrome to load the website again. If your firewall was the reason for this error message, then the website will load on your connection and you won’t receive any error message. If this method does not help, you have the next option.
3- Check Your Windows Host File
You can proceed with this method only if you have a single website that is showing the “Err_Connection_Timed_Out” Error. If more than one website is showing the error message, this won’t resolve your problem.
If you have added IP addresses or website URLs on the block list, then it is possible that your computer is blocking the website and some other websites are also unable to load on your computer. In this case, you can check out your Windows host file with the help of the following steps:
- Run Notepad from your Windows computer with the administrator access
- Click Yes in the confirmation window
- Visit the File in the top-left corner of Notepad and click on Open
- Then change the file type to All Types and open the Host file
- Next, scroll down to the end to find if there is any IP addresses or website URLs present after the last # sign
- If you can find any, delete them and save the changes; after that close Notepad and try to load the website again.
These methods will work effectively if you are encountering the “Err_Connection_Timed_Out” Error. In case you are unable to fix the error message, let us know in the comment area below.