The Fallout 4 is the fifth part of the Fallout series. This action game is loved by many who like role-playing games and can be easily played on Microsoft Windows, PS4 and Xbox One platforms. But sometimes the Fallout 4 Not Responding error can also occur. Check out the resolution process of the problem.
Go through the following steps to make sense about the Fallout problem you are facing and know their resolve methods.
Video Drivers-Fallout 4 Not Responding (Resolved)
Since Fallout is a modem game series, video card or graphics card are the most important hardware requirement. There are two most used graphics card that you can use: Nvidia or an ATI Radeon. The manufacturer of these driver cards releases updates from time to time for a smooth performance of the graphics cards. If you keep your graphic and video drivers updated all the time, there is less chance of occurrence of any kind of error.
According to the graphics updates, the game developers also release patches from time to time. So, follow these steps to update your graphics and video drivers:
Update Nvidia Geforce
- Open your internet browser
- Go to the official website of Nvidia Geforce
- From there, click on the Drivers tab
- From the menu above, select your graphics cards and proceed further to the updating process
- Download the correct and corresponding driver
- After the download is successfully finished, click on the Run button to run the installer
You can also read: Microsoft Outlook Not Responding
Update ATI Radeon
- Click on the Windows Start button from your computer
- Type in ATI Radeon in the search bar and select the ATI Radeon management application from the search result that appears on-screen
- Now select the Driver option
- Next, click on the check for updates option-this option will contact the manufacturer website and start downloading correct drivers
- After the download is finished, click on the installer and choose to run
- This process will install the updates for the drivers and will remove any backlogs present in your graphics properties.
Add-ons, patches, custom mods and 3rd party extensions in your Fallout 4 can cause many software errors as well. All you can do is try to remove and disable these extensions to check if the problem is solved or not. To disable the add-ons, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Double-click on the Fallout 4 icon from the desktop and run the application
- When the application is running, choose the Main Menu and select Mods
- Then select the specific mods and uninstall then or choose the disable option
- You can also click on the delete option to remove the mods
Disable Your Antivirus Firewall
It can be possible that your antivirus firewall is causing the error. Your Fallout 4 is always contacting the server for downloading data and saving the game progress. This time your firewall can block the data package. It will be wise to disable your antivirus for 1 hour to check out if the Fallout 4 Not Responding problem is present.
Try these steps to resolve the Fallout 4 Not Responding issue and if you can get the desired result, drop a comment below.