FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error 0x00000023 is a Blue Screen of Death error occurs in Windows PC. This error can occur due to various factors and hard to pinpoint one. So, here I am going to represent a few solution methods that will help you to fix the error in a few time span.
But before we start with the solution process, let’s check out the reasons why the BSOD error occurs on Windows PC. Maybe the issue occurs due to many reasons, but I have figured out a few of them. Let’s check out below.
Reasons Why FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error 0x00000023 Occurs
When you see a blue screen with some certain error codes, you can assume it is happening because of these reasons:
- Your system has driver related issues such as a wrong Windows driver or a corrupted one
- Your computer hard drive is malware infected and that’s why you are seeing FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error
- If the RAM in your PC or the system memory is not sufficient or corrupted, you can face this error message
- Overly large file size can cause hard driver failure, thus the FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error appears
- Due to overheating, sometimes your hard drive gets damaged and you encounter the FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error 0x00000023 message
- A virus can corrupt your Windows drivers
You can also read: Windows10 Audio Services Not Responding, YouTube Video Downloader for PC
Scan and Repair the Disk to Fix the FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error 0x00000023
You can repair your hard disk by using the CHKDSK tool. The steps are given below to help you fix the error.
- Go to My Computer>Local Disc>Tools>Check Now and select the disc you would like to repair then click OK
- You can also try out these methods:
- Hit the start button
- In the search box, type command then press and hold the CTRL+Shift key and press the Enter key
- Click Yes on the new page
- Type chkdsk/f in the new page and hit Enter
Now the tool will automatically scan the pc and repair the driver’s problem for you.
Update Your Windows PC to Repair FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error 0x00000023
Updating your Windows PC to the latest version can help you with solving the problem. Let’s follow the steps below-
- Press the start button
- Next, type Update on the search box and hit Enter
- On the Windows update page click on Install Updates if you find any available update
- Restart your system and check if the problem is resolved
If you still find the problem persists, follow the next step.
Clean All Your Junk Files
If your system has gathered tons of junk and temporary files, you can encounter the FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error 0x00000023 issue. To clean them up, follow these steps-
- Hit Start
- Type command from the search box and press and hold the CTRL+Shift key then hit Enter
- Click Yes on the new page
- Type cleanmgr and then hit Enter
- Select the boxes you want to clean then click OK
Follow all these processes until you find the problem is gone. In case you are still facing the FAT_FILE_SYSTEM Error 0x00000023 error, please let us know.