Common Reason Why Firefox Not Responding OccursThe Firefox Not Responding error can occur due to various reasons. But those that I have mentioned in this section, are the most common ones. Let’s check ‘em out:
- Due to the usage of many converters- like the word to PDF converter or image converters etc.
- Usage of numerous plug-ins that slowdowns your Firefox of cause not to respond
- Changes in the default search engines and automatic tabs can cause the error
- Due to malware infection in your device
You can also read: Taskbar not responding
Firefox Not Responding (Resolved)The most possible solutions for resolving the issue are:
- Clean up all cache, data of offline website, and delete all the cookies from your browser
- Disable add-ons
- Turn up Firefox in safe mode
- Restart your computer
Clear Cookies and Caches
- Go to the Menu button and select History; after that, click on Clear history. In the drop-down menu of the Time range to clear, you have selected the Everything option.
- Now select the items that you can clear; for that, you have to select the arrow near Details
- Now, select Cookies and Caches
- Click on Clear Now
Restart FireFox in Safe Mode
- Go to the menu option of your Mozilla Firefox browser
- Click on Help, then click on Add-ons disabled option disable the add-ons
- Now it will initiate in safe mode
- The safe mode dialogue box, click on the Start in safe mode option
- Now check if the problem still persists or not
- If the problem is still present, please follow the next step
Reinstall FireFoxSometimes Firefox faces issue due to its own programs. It will be great if you can remove the browser and try to install it again without worrying about passwords and bookmarks.
- Download the latest version of Firefox from the official website: Mozilla.org.
- Exit the browser and uninstall to remove it from your device
- Delete the Firefox program folder
- Now reinstall Firefox
- Check the newly installed browser if working or not.