The Application Error 0xc0000005 is a very common issue for Windows computer users. This problem mainly occurs when you starting a program on Windows. The program does not get launched and instead, the error message creeps up. But there is nothing to worry about, and since I am here, I’ll show you the possible fixes.
During an access violation error, the issue can occur- this is an MS office error. Other than that, when an application is unable to get started correctly, you can also see this error.
How to Fix Application Error 0xc0000005- Step-By-Step
As I mentioned earlier, there are two situations when you are facing this error. But you can proceed with the following methods to make sure the problem got solved easily.
Repair Poor Windows Registries
Sometimes the poor windows registry and corrupted system maintenance file create this problem. The Windows registry files get corrupted when we install new applications without deleting the old ones. The old applications create this error code.
All you need to do is just deleting those corrupted windows registries with the help of any third-party app. Otherwise, these corrupted registry files can lead to abnormal functioning of your system.
You can also read: SSL Connection Error
Check for Bugs and Viruses in Your Computer
Whenever we surf the internet from our computer, there is a chance that we encounter malicious programs. Sometimes these viruses infect our PC. so, in this case, a good antivirus is the solution. Install an advanced antivirus on your PC, then use it for browsing and downloading. If you are already using an antivirus, do not forget to update it regularly.
Turn Off Data Execution Prevention or DEP
The DEP is a feature that was designed to prevent the execution of code from non-executable memory segments. This also checks the system memory to control the malicious threats — this thing on for both software and hardware components. Some certain applications adapt to it through Dynamic Code Generation so, others are not compatible with this.
In this case, you can simply turn off this feature by following these steps-
- Login to your PC by using your administrator account
- Then hold and press Windows button+ R at the same time
- In the newly opened dialogue box, type sysdm.cpl and hit OK
- In the System Properties box, find out Advanced option on the tabs and then click on that
- You now have to click on settings
- In the window of Performance Options, select ‘Data Execution Protection’.
- Now you have to choose the options that allow you to turn on DEP for all services and programs except for the ones you have chosen
- Now choose the Add option
- You have to find out the .exe files of the software programs that causing the problem
- After selecting that file, you have to click on OK
Follow these step-by-step guides carefully and properly and hopefully, you are able to solve the Application Error 0xc0000005 issue in no time.