This error appears in Windows 10 on Windows 7 Google Chrome browser. The error message reads “Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information”. If you are facing this issue, you are not alone. This puzzle is not hard to resolve, you can do it by yourself. You only need to perform the easy methods we have shared below.
Fix Date and Time of Your System to Solve “Your Connection Is Not Private”
Incorrect date and time of your system can be one of the main reasons why you are seeing this error. And it’s not that hard to fix, is it? Still, we have given the steps here:
- Right-click on the date and time section from the bottom-right corner of your computer’s desktop
- Then from the list of options, select Adjust date/ time
- You have to do zero but updating your date and time to your current time zone
These steps will easily fix your connect not private error, but if it doesn’t, the next method is calling you.
Clear Your Browsing Data for a Resolve
You must clear your browsing data once in a while or else, errors like Your Connection Is Not Private won’t stop chasing you. You can look into these few techniques to fix it:
- From your Google Chrome browser, click the menu icon from the upper-right (three vertical dots) and open Settings
- Scroll down a little to find the Show advanced settings option and click on it
- Go to the Privacy section afterward, and then click on the Clear browsing data button
- This step is all about deleting the browsing history and for that, click on the Clear browsing data button
- Lastly, restart your Chrome
Change Your Antivirus Software Settings
At times your antivirus program gets over excited about clearing out malware, also cares too much about harmless internet surfing. If you are positive about the site you are visiting, that it does not contain any malware, virus, or spam, go ahead and change some settings in your antivirus program. Try to turn OFF the Scan SSL so that you can visit the site.
If you are unable to find such settings on your antivirus, try to disable it for momentarily; this may also help. This step is only be taken when you are certain about the reliability of the site you are trying to visit.
Open Chrome in Incognito Mode: Your Connection Is Not Private- Solved!
From your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + N together to open an incognito window. Now try to visit the website again. If the page opens perfectly, the problem was in the extensions. So, to fix that, you can do the following.
- Click the three vertical dots again to open settings
- And from the left side, open Extensions; here the list of extensions will appear
- If you see an extension communicating with the SSL connection, un-check the box next to Enable.
Try to load that website again and you will see the Your Connection Is Not Private error is peeping no more. If you want to try a different solution as well, leave a comment below.