ERR_CACHE_MISS Error-Quick Fixes for Google Chrome Error
You are not the only one who is experiencing the ERR_CACHE_MISS Error in your Google Chrome browser. I will tell you ways you can resolve this error in a jiffy but before that, let me give you a brief description of the error code.
ERR_CACHE_MISS Error- Details
When the ERR_CACHE_MISS Error comes up in your Chrome browser, it is not easy to pinpoint exactly what caused this problem. But the primary reason for this problem can be a configuration extension issue. No matter what is the reason, the “Confirm Form Resubmission“ message will creep up on-screen.
If you have added a corrupted extension to your Chrome browser, the issue can occur. Let me tell you the solution processes that you need to perform to resolve the problem.
Clean Up Browsing History
Old browsing data in your Chrome browser can be one of the reasons why this problem occurs. So, it’s a wise decision to clear up your browsing data and to do that, please follow the steps below-
- Go to the control menu of your Chrome browser from the top-right corner of your browser
- After that, click on More Tools>Clear Browsing Data
- From the new window, select “the beginning of time” and check all the options
- Next, click on the “Clear browsing data” option
Now check if the problem is gone or not, but if the error still occurs, you have to follow the next solution.
You can also read: Private Connection Error
Remove Corrupted Google Extension
Corrupted Google Chrome extensions can cause the ERR_CACHE_MISS Error. So, in this case, please follow the mentioned below easy steps and remove the corrupted Chrome extensions.
- Open the browser first and then go to Control menu
- Next, click on More Tools>Extensions
- A list of all installed Google Chrome extension will appear
- You have to locate the corrupted extensions first, and then disable them all of them one by one
Follow the other solutions if this does not help you resolve the error code.
Disable Google Chrome Cache System
Just disable the Chrome cache system and you will see the ERR_CACHE_MISS Error no more. Follow the steps I have mentioned below-
- Press and hold three keys together: Ctrl+Shift+I then press F1
- Scroll down to find the network section
- Then check the Disable cache option
- Next, you have to reload the webpage and check if the problem is gone or not
Reconfigure Google Chrome Browser
If the above-mentioned processes do not help you to fix the problem, you can try out this one.
- First, launch the Chrome browser and then go to Control Menu and click on Settings
- Open Show advanced setting and scroll down to hit on the Reset Settings option
- From the new pop-up window, hit Reset
- Now check for the problem
If none of these processes work, then I would suggest you update your Chrome browser or reinstall it. But if you are still unable to resolve the problem, please tell us in the comment box below.