Skype is no stranger to us. By now it is probably the biggest video calling app in the world. But that does not mean it gets to get away with errors. This article is all about how to fix Skype error 1603. This is one of the most common error with Skype users have been complaining about.
Skype is the most used video calling application on the market right now. Users all over the world use to make voice and video calls. It is not only snappy but also easy to use. For a while now, Skype has been the number one video calling app on every platform.
Today Skype is a big name, but it does come with a few drawbacks. Good thing that I am here. I have faced a few hiccups when trying to install or update Skype. Tries out some solutions which worked wonders.
Therefore here I am sharing those solutions with you guys.
Before we get on with the solutions and the fixes. It’s better if you get to know the problem. Know what the problem is and what are the probable causes.
Here you go,
Skype Installation Error – Overview
Don’t be rattled if you come to face an installation error with Skype. This article will teach you how to fix Skype error 1603 on your Windows PC. But I will come to that part in the latter half of this article.
To help you resolve this issue in a better way, you must first learn what this problem is all about. To put it as simply as possible. This error comes up when you are trying to install Skype on your Windows PC. The causes could vary, but I have managed to pick out some probable causes of this error.
Given below are some of the main causes of Skype installation error.
You may also like Best Solutions for Playback ID Error Google Chrome | YouTube Fixed
Installation File Already Exists
One of the main reason why you are getting an error while installing Skype. Is due to the already existing installation file in your system. When you already have an existing file, a clash is created when you try to install another similar file.
Therefore do keep a check on existing installation file in case you face any trouble.
Incomplete Uninstallation Process
If the uninstallation process is left incomplete from the last time. It has a huge potential to cause an installation error. The reason for this simple. There is clash within the installer between the residual installation file and the new one. Therefore it is adviced not to leave the uninstallation process half way.
Corrupt Installation File
A corrupt installation might be the reason you are having an installation error. It is very common for users to download Skype from third-party vendors. Who thus face this sort of a problem when trying to install.
Be sure to download the official Skype installation file to avoid Skype error 1603.
It is a good thing that you know what are the primary causes of Skype installation error. This way the troubleshooting gets easier. Now you will learn how to fix Skype error 1603 on your Windows PC.
Let’s get to it right away.
5 Solutions to Fix Skype Error 1603
Like you, even I came across Skype error 1603 on my Windows 10 PC. Skype is a vital tool for communication, as I use it heavily for my work. Therefore I cannot afford Skype to go down.
Keeping that in mind,
I have come up with some of the best solutions for you. In case you face an installation problem like I did. The instructions are easy to follow and are given in a step by step manner.
Without wasting any more of your time. Let’s get to the solutions.
Use Fix It Tool
This is a very useful tool made available directly by Microsoft. If you have any sort of installation or file running problem. You can use this tool to troubleshoot and fix the issue right on spot.
In your situation, you can use this tool to fix Skype error 1603. Before we start with the steps. You will first have to download the Fit It tool on your computer. You can download it by clicking here.
- Now that you have downloaded the Fix It tool. Install it on your Windows PC. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you are done with the installation. Open the tool and run it on your PC. The application will go through all of your applications and installation file and scan for the problem.
- The Fix It tool will automatically find the problem and repair it.
- Now what’s left for you is to reboot your machine and try the installation process all over again.
There is a high possibility that Fix It tool will fix Skype error 1603. If you are still facing this problem. Try out the next solution I have for you.
Disable System Antivirus
An antivirus is a useful tool we all use on our system. Keeps our data secure and protects our computers from malware attacks. But there are times when these Antiviruses acts as a hindrance. For example when you are trying to install Skype.
If you are having an installation problem, and you are looking to fix Skype error 1603. Try disabling your Antivirus, and check if the problem is fixed or not. There is a good chance that the installation problem will be fixed. If you are still having an issue. Uninstall the Antivirus completely. Then check for the problem.
Remove Corrupt Skype File
As you all know a corrupt Skype file is one of the main reason for error 1603. If you want to fix it, the first thing you must do is to delete the residual file or previously installed files. To do that, just follow the steps given below.
- Before you do anything, first kill all programmes and tabs.
- Now go to the start menu, and type in Run in the search box.
- The Run command will come up. Type in Appwiz.cpl
- A new page will come up, which will show you all of your application.
- Locate Skype and delete it from your system.
- Now just restart your computer.
This should be able to fix Skype error 1603. Corrupt files are the prime suspect, therefore removing it from the system helps.
Alter Security Settings
One good reason for Skype error 1603 is security permission. Changing it could help you resolve it. This process is a bit more extensive. Therefore follow them very carefully. Once you are done you will be able to install Skype.
Here you go,
- Open Run command by pressing Win Key + R. On the text box type in: %temp% then press Enter
- The temp folder page will open. Now navigate to the Local folder, by clicking on the up arrow button as given below.
- Find out where the temp folder is, then right click on it and go to properties.
- Next, you have to navigate to the security tab and hit the edit button.
- See the Add button. Click on it.
- Under ‘Enter the object names to select’ type in Everyone, then click on Check Names. Then on OK.
- The next thing you have to do is click on Everyone. Then put a checkmark on ‘Full Control’ then click on the Allow button.
This is how you change the security settings on your Windows PC. After you are done with this process. You should be able to install Skype. If you are still facing the issue. Move on to the next solution.
Update your Windows
If your Windows is not updated, then there is a good chance you might have Skype 1603 error.
You can easily fix Skype error 1603 just by updating your windows. If you don’t know how to update your Windows. I have provided some easy step by step guide.
- The first thing you have to do is go to Start and click on Control Panel
- A page will open, from there select Windows Update option. If your view is set to Category. Then you first have to go to System and Security. Then select Windows Update.
- Once you do. Windows will automatically check for updates. If you have some updates pending. It will instantly show.
- Just click on them to update your Windows.
It is important that you keep your Windows updated to the latest version. It’s better to prevent the problem in the first place than to fix Skype error 1603 later.
There you go these are the five best methods you can use to resolve Skype update error.
It is adviced that you go through all of the solutions and not rely on just one. Just as the cause may differ for different users. The solution may also be somewhat different.
The methods that I have mentioned above are some of the best working solutions. They are sure to fix Skype error 1603 on your Windows PC.
I don’t think that Skype installation error will be a problem. Now that you know what are the fixes. All one need to do is follow the given methods step by step.
Within minutes you will be done away with the problem. If this article happens to help. Do leave a comment below and let us know.
Till then, Cheers.