If you are also having the same WMI Provider Host CPU usage problem just like many other users, then I can help you. When your Task Manager uses a little bit more of the CPU system, it slows down your PC. Many Windows 10 users are having this problem frequently. Maybe this CPU usage issue is annoying, but you can fix it by yourself. Just check out some simple steps I have given.
What is WMI Provider Host?
The full name of WMI Provider Host is Windows Management Instrumentation Provider Service. This service is very important for your system. Without this, the applications in your system will not run and work properly. If this service is improper or abruptly stops, then many functions in your computer will be useless. Above all, you can receive some error codes as well.
But do not worry if you are having a problem with the provider host. If you perform the resolution process correctly, then you can get rid of this error easily.
How to Fix Wmi Provider Host High CPU Usage Windows 10
Here I have provided some easy steps so that you can resolve the issue. Just apply them perfectly and the error will be gone.
Step one: Run a virus scan
Sometimes when your PC is attacked by some malware threats, you can encounter wmi provider host high cpu server 2012 issue. Just run a full scan on your PC with a trusted antivirus. If your antivirus program detects anything like that, then it will automatically remove the threats. And your problem will be solved in this way.
Step two: Boot into safe mode
Try to troubleshoot in safe mode. This can help you with fixing the problem.
- Press the windows key and R together and when a run box appears, type msconfig and hit Enter
- Next, go to the boot tab
- Click on the Safe boot option
- Select Network
- Now, click apply
- Save all your files and data. Then try to restart the system.
- Right now, you will be entered into safe mode
- Press the windows key and X together
- Now, select Windows PowerShell(Admin)
- Type msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic and press Enter
- Now, a troubleshooting window will open
- Click Next
Also read: Fix Service Host Superfetch
If the troubleshooter finds and defect, then follow the below steps:
- In the PowerShell window, type msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic and hit Enter
- Click Next
- When the process is finished, you will need to boot into normal mode.
- Repeat step 1
- Click Apply and Ok to save and restart.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please drop us a comment below.