Encountering the Err_Connection Reset error while you are trying to open a web page from Google Chrome, is not an uncommon thing. You can explore some easy solution methods that you can apply to fix the problem. But before that, we will discuss the error code more closely; so, let’s check out the other sections.
Err_Connection Reset- Why Does the Error Occur?
This is a common Google Chrome error that displays different kinds of error messages based on your activity. Here is the list of error messages that you may encounter due to the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error.
- “Your connection was interrupted”.
- “Aw! Snap”
- “The site cannot be reached your connection was reset”
- “Failed to Resolve Host”
All these error messages can appear due to one or many reasons, so let’s check a few of them-
- Due to an outdated or corrupted network driver
- A faulty network router can also cause the issue
- Your internet connection is not stable enough to view that site
- Your firewall or antivirus has blocked that website
- If you are using a VPN service, it can cause the problem.
If these are the reasons, then there are some easy methods available too that can help you solve the error. Check out the other sections to know how you can resolve Err_Connection Reset Chrome issue. You can also read:
Gmail Server Error 007
Change Proxy Settings- Solution 1
The Chrome browser uses your computer’s default proxy settings. So, a simple change of the proxy settings can help you a lot in fixing the issue; try out-
- Open control panel and search for the Internet Options then click on it
- After that, you can click on the Connections tab to go to LAN settings
- Here the final page will appear and you will have to uncheck all the options and click OK
This method will help the majority of the users to resolve the Err_Connection Reset error, but if you are an exception, you can try out other methods.
Disable Antivirus or Firewall- Solution 2
Your antivirus or firewall can also block the system for several reasons and that can cause the Err_Connection Reset error. If you trust the website you are trying to reach and think that it is unfair for the antivirus to block it, you can temporarily disable the security software. If disabling the software does not help, you have to uninstall it to fix the error message.
Fix Broken Windows Registry- Solution 3
‘Your connection was interrupted’ and other similar error message can be the cause of a broken Windows registry. And in this case, you can use a third-party app that can help you diagnose the problem.
- Download Ccleaner first on your computer
- Then install the tool with the installation package
- And run the app on your system to scan for the registry problem
The tool will automatically diagnose Windows registry problems and will fix them for you. If you think this tool does not help, you can tell us in the comment box below.