If you are experiencing Google Chrome Not Responding problem then check out the list of solutions I have covered here. Unlike Internet Explorer, Google Chrome doesn’t like it slow and nice. Chrome is always fast and accurate and always becomes people’s first choice. But you will what to do when an error like this occur.
Steps for Resolving Google Chrome Not Responding Error on Windows 10
After updating Windows 10 to its new release, many users have reported that their Google Chrome is often crashing. In case it is the same problem for you, I have put together some solutions that may work. Check them out-
Step One- Turn on Safe Mode
In most cases, this helps in fixing Google Chrome Crash issues-
- Click start and then on the power icon
- Press and hold down the shift key at the same time, click on Restart
- Then click Troubleshoot and after that, go to Advanced options
- Next, click on the Startup Settings option
- Now, click Restart option
- To Enable Safe Mode with Networking, you require to press the F5 key from your computer
This will help you to login to your computer in safe mode. Now, you have to follow the next steps.
You can also read: iTunes Not Responding, How to Fix HP Printer Not Responding
Step Two- Clear Caches and Cookies of Your Google Chrome Browser
- Launch and run Google Chrome
- You have to back up your important accounts and data
- Then press Ctrl+Shift+Del
- Next, clear browsing data, history, cache, cookies
- This can help you solve the problem. If it does not help, then follow the next steps mentioned below.
Step Three- Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
- To open the Google Chrome settings, click on the Menu button located at the top-left side
- Next, expand the Advanced entry option
- Next, click System and turn off the Use Hardware acceleration When the available option
- Now, click Relaunch and after that restart the browser.
Step Four- Modify Properties of Google Chrome
At times when Google Chrome Not Responding happens, you can modify the browser’s properties. Follow these steps-
- Right-click on the Chrome icon
- Next, click on Properties
- After that, select the Compatibility tab
- Now you have to click on Change settings for all user and uncheck the Run this Program in compatibility mode option
- Check Run this program as administrator box which you will find under settings
- Click Apply and hit OK
- Then click OK again to close
Step Five- Update Chrome Browser
An outdated browser can cause many problems. So, keeping it updated is a basic recommendation. Avoid your Google Chrome browser regularly to fix bugs and software glitches.
- Go to menu from Chrome
- Click Update Google Chrome
- Next click Relaunch
If this does not help in fixing the Google Chrome Not Responding problem, then try to uninstall and reinstall the browser.
These steps will help you in solving the Google Chrome issue. However, if you have any other suggestion regarding the same, drop us a comment below.