Google Chrome Unresponsive occurs while trying to load some certain pages in your Chrome browser. Many users face this common problem and just like you, come here for the possible solutions. If you are facing this error, there is nothing that you can worry about. This error can be
solved in absolutely no time, but for that, you have to check out these following solutions.
Possible Solutions for Google Chrome Unresponsive
Let’s start with some easy steps that can fix this annoying bug or glitch from your Google Chrome browser. Follow these steps accurately to get the best result.
Update Google Chrome
According to many Google Chrome user, updating the browser is the easiest fix. The browser has the auto-update feature activated by default, but you can also do this manually. The steps are given below-
- Click on Menu of Google Chrome and search for the three vertical points from the top right corner
- From there, select Help and click on About Google Chrome
- Chrome will display the updated version and will automatically start downloading if there is any pending update
When this process is done, check if the problem is solved or not. Updating the Chrome will also resolve the ‘aw snap!’ messages. But if you are still seeing the unresponsive error, please follow the next solutions.
You can also read: Chrome Update Failed Error 12
Remove Google Chrome Add-ons
Google Chrome add-ons are some optional plug-ins that you can install in the browser and these includes Themes, Extensions, and Apps. These apps and extensions can be the problem and cause Google Chrome to crash. Just uninstall the extensions by going through the following steps-
- Click Menu and go to More tools then select Extensions
- A new page will appear with a list of installed Google Chrome Extensions
- You can either disable those extensions or click on the corresponding Trash bin icon to remove the extension
- Do one of the above and close Chrome
- Restart the browser and check if the error is solved.
Follow the steps below to remove Google Chrome Apps-
Remove Google Chrome Apps
Just like extensions, Google Chrome apps also cause problems sometimes. Unavailable or the apps with broken links cause many issues. These are the steps of removing an app from Google Chrome-
- From the Chrome browser, open a new tab and opens the apps page
- Then do a right-click on the app that you would like to remove
- Next, click on remove from Chrome
Check if the problem is solved or not, if not, please follow another option.
Reset User Profile
Log in to a new account and see if there is the same problem occurring or not. Follow these simple steps-
- Click on the menu button
- Next, select the Settings option
- From the People section, select active user Profile
- Click Remove then click Remove again to confirm the same
- Then exit the browser and relaunch it again
- After that, add a new account from Add Person and start using the browser with the new account.
Following these easy steps will definitely solve the Google Chrome Unresponsive problem. But if you have some other cool suggestions, regarding the Google Chrome Unresponsive problem, please tell us in the comment box below.