GoPro Studio not working on Windows 10? Find your easy hacks to solutions for getting your GoPro started up on your operating system.
GoPro Studio – video editing software. It is a simpler alternative to other video editors available in the market. It is mostly used to create professional-quality output with content shot on your GoPro device. The company has used their popular videos and has converted them into GoPro Edit Templates.
You can work with your videos and use the preset music, theme, transition etc to make your product better and faster. It can also be used to create your own videos from scratch. You can trim and mix clips. You can also adjust video playback speed for fast or slow motion videos.
GoPro Studio has stopped working on Windows 10 and that is just a sad slack. This can be in any area of GoPro Studio, or at any time. Just follow our tested and tried steps to get a fix as soon as possible.
How to Fix It in Windows 10
The following steps will help you to resolve with crashing issues:
- Check to be sure whether you have the latest version of the software i.e GoPro Studio installed on your computer. To get the latest version you should visit GoPro’s website support section
- Make sure that your computer has the minimum system requirements required to run the software seamlessly.
- Click on the Start button
- Right-click on “Computer” or “My Computer” or “This PC”
- Select “Properties”.
- Scroll to System Information for Processor and RAM.
- Open Device Manager
- Click on the small arrow beside ‘Display Adapter’ to find your graphics card. Check whether your graphics card is supported i.e advanced enough to run GoPro studio
If you are importing videos or pictures to GoPro Studio when you encounter a problem, make sure that you copy the files to your computer from your camera first. Then, you can import the files into GoPro Studio.
- Ensure that you are logged in as an administrator,
- Right-click on GoPro Studio icon present on your desktop
- Select Run as administrator.
- Download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. This data package is always available on Microsoft’s website and is free. You should consider downloading these packs the proper developer’s site. 3rd party download is known to create
- Make sure your computer has all the latest system downloads.
e. Windows System Updates and Service Packs,
- Check everything about Microsoft.Net Framework. Make sure that the ’.Net framework’ is updated and not corrupted.
- To make sure that your system is looking for right components to update. You can follow the guide below to be sure:
- Click the Start button
- Type in “Turn Windows features on or off“
- choose Microsoft.Net framework 3.x.xfrom the result
- Be sure to check all the boxes
- Click on OK
- If you experience more crashes, consider booting up your operating system in Safe Mode
- Try and run GoPro Studio again in safe mode.
If it still crashes, contact GoPro Customer Support.
If GoPro Studio does not crash in Safe Mode, this means that some other process that is running when in normal windows mode and is creating problems with GoPro Studio’s ability to execute properly.
Uninstall and Reinstall GoPro Studio.
- Click Start button
- Select Control Panel
- Click on Programs and Features
- Look for “GoPro Studio” and click to uninstall the application.
- Install GoPro Studio again.
- Run and check if the software is working properly.
Turn off User Account Control from Control Panel.call up the start menu and type in UAC in the available search bar. You will be able to see the Change User Account Control settings.
If the issues with GoPro studio refuses to go away, you should also consider tweaking your firewall and antivirus settings.
In the bottom right of your screen, in the rightmost end of the taskbar, you can see the clock. This area is called the System Tray. If your antivirus’s icon is present in the system tray Right-click on it.
If you don’t find your antivirus’s icon in the system tray, click on the little up arrow present to the left of the clock
Right-click on the icon of your antivirus and choose Disable for 1 hour.
Now try to run GoPro Studio. It should be up and work now. If you are still facing problems, go ahead and contact GoPro support.
As per recent trends, it has become mandatory to keep your software and drivers up to date at all times. Software and applications these days are in constant contact with servers getting download and other stuff in the background almost all the time.
Problems can easily happen if something gets corrupted or if a process is stopped abruptly. In 2017, the software industry has become very demanding and a working internet connection and uninterrupted power supply have become the basic requirements not only to use your machine but also to maintain it, keeping problems and errors away.