Are you facing Headphones Not Working on your Windows 10 or smartphone? Worry not, ‘cause here is the solution! I have come across such an annoying issue where after updating my Windows 10 PC, my headphone was not working.But in your case, it is different, ‘cause the solution is already here.
But first, let’s know what causes this error-
Headphones Not Working-Why Does This Occur?
Headphones issues on Windows 10 or other devices generally occurs due to software errors. But in other cases, sometimes when your ear jack got damaged or there is a physical malfunction on your device’ motherboard, this problem can occur. Sometimes your headphones can also be faulty. In that case, try to plug in the headphone to another device and check if it’s working fine.
Sometimes your media player can also cause this issue. Or the issue can be your faulty audio drivers. But before proceeding with the solution process, I would suggest you check for faulty audio driver, headphone issue or your Windows sound problem. Then check out the following solution procedures.
You can also read: Chrome ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error
How to Resolve Headphones Not Working on Windows Problem?
Make Your Headphone as a Default Device
When you plug in your headphone, you go no sound that can occur because your headphone is not set as default device. Follow the mentioned-below steps to set it as a default Windows device-
- Go to the Windows control panel or you can also search the run box by pressing Windows logo key and R together
- As the control panel opens, you’ll see loads of settings of different programs; but when you are looking for headphones settings, find Hardware and Sounds
- Another list containing details will appear on-screen
- Find Sounds from the list
- After finding sounds, find Headphone in the available categories
- Scroll down and find the Set Default option; then click on it
- After going through all these, tap on the OK button
This is a very basic solution method, but in case you are confused with this, check out below.
Update Audio Drivers on Windows 10
Updating your audio driver can resolve the Headphones Not Working issue. I have two methods which you can perform to update your Windows driver, let’s check out below-
- Right-click on My Computer and open Properties and open Device Manager from the right side
- Now you have to find Sounds, Video and Game Controllers.
- Expand the options and find High Definition Audio Device
- Open its Properties by right-clicking on it
- From the new window, go to the Driver tab
- Tap on update driver.
- Click on the Browse my Computer for Driver Software option
- Choose your driver from the list and click on High Definition Audio Device and follow up next
- On the warning, click YES
- Tap Next and wait for the installation process
When the process is finished, restart your PC and check if the problem is gone or not.
If you are still encountering the Headphones Not Working error on your Windows PC, comment below and we would come back with other solution methods.