The “Unable to connect to NVIDIA. Try again later” is an error message which is quite familiar for the NVIDIA graphics card users. Another way to describe the error is by saying “GeForce Experience won’t open”. Whatever it is, if you are also Unable to Connect to Nvidia like many Nvidia users, you can try out some solutions covered here.
Reasons Why Unable to Connect to Nvidia Error Occurs
This error only appears to Nvidia users, but if your computer has Intel, AMD, etc. graphics card inside, you will not see this error. If any of the following reasons occur, you may experience the issue-
- Your running GeForce Experience is an outdated version
- NVIDIA Network Service is not working
- GeForce Experience unable to download the NVIDIA driver
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience unable to connect to the NVIDIA driver
- NVIDIA Servers down
When you see this error message while updating a driver or trying to restart a game, this can be annoying. But the methods given below can help you resolve the issue.
UPGRADE GEFORCE EXPERIENCE PROGRAM- Solution 1
You don’t have to apply this method if you have installed the latest GeForce Experience program but to update the latest version, follow up-
- Navigate to the official GeForce Experience page
- From there, you can download the latest version of the program by hitting the download button
- Start the downloading process of the app
- After the download is over, install the latest app on your computer
The installation process will be very simple; just double-click the file and follow the on-screen instructions and when the process is successful, restart your computer. If the error pops up again, you can apply the next method. You can also read: PVP.Net Patcher Not Working
Change and Check Nvidia Service Status- Solution 2
By restarting the Nvidia service, there is a chance you can get rid of this error-
- Press Windows key + R key together from your keyboard and a run box will appear where you can type commands
- In the empty run box, type in ‘services.msc’ and hit enter
- This process will bring up the Services window
- Then find NVIDIA Network Service that status might be ‘starting’.
The service is not yet started hence, causing the problem. You can change the status from Starting to Started to resolve the error message. You can also stop or delete NSMANAGEDTASKS.XML FILE by following the below steps-
- Simply navigate to C>ProgramData>NVIDIA Corporation>NetService
- And from that folder, you have to locate the NSManagedTasks.xml file
- In case you can’t find the file, enable the ‘show hidden files’ option from the folder menu
- Then select the file and delete it
- Open Task manager and click on the Details tab from the top options
- From there, you can find the NvStreamNetworkService.exe file
- Right-click on that file and select End Task
The final stage of this method is restarting the computer to resolve the Unable to Connect to Nvidia error. In case you are still struggling with the same issue, please drop us a comment below.