It becomes very frustrating when your Windows 10 update stucks at 99%. And when it does, you may only think about updating your PC from the Windows previous version. But simply, you cannot do that, because you still need to upgrade drivers, service packs on Windows 10 with this Windows update. Favourably, these few methods will help you get rid of this Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck issue.
Overview of Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck Error
During the update process, while you are downloading or installing Windows latest updates, you find it stuck at 99% or 0%, and this situation can be very exhausting as it may last for hours. Sometimes when you start your computer after the updating process, you may see it is displaying a blue screen, reads nothing but “Keep your PC on until this is done. Installing update 4 of 7…”.
If you want to know the reasons for this error, then these three reasons can be the most vital ones:
- Errors with Windows Update
- A pending Windows 7 Updates
- Hardware issues
Nevertheless, the most crucial matter is to solve the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck issue anyhow; follow the below section.
How to Resolve the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%- Effective Ways
Sometimes you need to do nothing but wait. The Windows 10 upgrade assistance seems to stuck at 99% or 0%, but it can be running. The upgrade process usually takes 90 minutes or less and the longest time record is 24 hours. After waiting, if you think there is something wrong, these fixes may help you. You can also read: Flip Diving for PC
1- Update Windows 7 Pending Updates
Some pending updates can be the main reason why it is stuck at 99%, so you need to complete the update first:
- Enter windows update in the search box and select it
- Then click Check for updates under the Windows Update option
- Wait until you locate the available updates, then you can update it
- Now you should try to update to Windows 10 and check if it works
2- Fix by a Batch File
- Open Notepad from the Right-click options list on your desktop
- Type https://www.mediafire.com/file/4c6jknbr42u6rr8/batchWindows.txt and save it as fix.bat on the desktop
- Right-click on the file and then you have to select run as administrator
- Now restart your system and try to upgrade to Windows 10 again.
3- Upgrade to Windows with the Media Creation Tool
The Media Creation Tool helps you create a setup file for Windows 10 and helps you reinstalling Windows.
- First, download the tool on your PC and install it
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you see the Windows 10 setup screen
- Then check the option Upgrade this PC now and tap on Next
- After the download is finished, click Accept and select the Keep personal files and application option
- You can also click Change what to keep to change the settings
- Lastly, you have to click Install to start the Windows 10 update.
After completing all these steps carefully, you should not see the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck error anymore. If you are still stuck at 99%, please tell us in the comment box below.