You can say the Xbox controller is very easy to set up on your computer than PS3 Controller. But I will prove you wrong. I am gonna show you some easy steps that will help you with the How to Use a PS3 Controller on Windows PC? Question. But before going to the setup process, let’s find out some of the hardware requirements.
How to Use a PS3 Controller on Windows PC- Hardware Requirements
These are the hardware that you will need-
- The PS3 Controller
- A mini-USB cable
- And a Bluetooth Dongle if you want to connect wirelessly
For the controller to work properly on your computer, you’ll need some software as well. You can also read: Download Plants VS Zombies 2 on PC
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
- Microsoft DirectX Runtime
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime
- Xbox 360 Controller Driver for Windows 7 computers
How to Install the Software?
You should install the software to make the PS3 controller work properly on your computer.
- You should download and install the Microsoft package first. If you are using Windows 7, you may have to install the Xbox 360 Controller Driver.
- Plugin the controller to your computer using a mini USB cable and then download and install ScpToolkit
- Now run the driver installer
- Check the PS3 Driver Box and click on the Choose Dualshock 3 controllers to install option then find the controller from the list
- If you are going to connect through Bluetooth, install the Bluetooth driver as well
- Then click Choose Bluetooth dongles to install option to check out your plug-in Bluetooth dongle.
When the tool is properly set up, you can find its icon from the system tray. The tool starts up automatically when you boot up your system. So, if you want to disable its settings and some annoying sounds that it plays, you can go to the settings tab and uncheck the “Enable notification sounds” option.
How to Create a Profile?
You can freely use your PS3 controller, but still, your ScpToolkit allows you to create a custom button mappings and fine-tune your controller’s settings. With this tool, you can disable your controller vibration, or adjust your analog sticks
Use PS3 Controller on Your PC
After the successful setup, you will be able to recognize your PS3 controller. Every computer that supports gamepads, should recognize your PS3 controller as an Xbox One but that means you will not get the correct button layout while you are playing a video game from the same computer. If you can change the button layout manually, you will get the “A, B, X, Y” Xbox Ones instead of the “Cross, Square, Circle and Triangle” buttons.
How to Use a PS3 Controller on Windows PC- Final Word
After following this guide, you should be able to install and use the PS3 controller in any computer and game that supports a gamepad. If you run into any issue, just inform us in the comment box below.