iPhone not responding and just won’t turn off? Way too many freezes on your iPhone mean you need easy solutions to fix it. I have tested and tried the following steps to solve your iPhone not responding issues.
iPhone is manufactured by Apple is presently the world’s so-called premium device. It is a premium category mobile phone and is mainly used for business purposes. The significant percent do own one out of choice or pleasure. The device runs on Apple-developed iOS platform and just like the android app market i.e play store, Apple’s is called App Store. This market gives you access to millions of available apps and games. A poorly coded and structured app is more likely to give errors.
Black or Frozen Screen
If your iPhone’s screen is black or frozen, you will need to force restart your device. Don’t worry; the force restart will not remove any data on your device. Follow the step by step guide to restart your phone:
iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus:
- Press and release the Volume Up
- Then Press and quickly release the Volume Down
- Press and hold down the Side/ Lock button until you can see the Apple
iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
- Press and hold down the Side and Volume Down buttons together for at least 10 secs or until you see the Apple logo
iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Press and hold down the Home and the Side/ Lock button together for at least 10 secs or until you see the Apple
Your phone should be rebooting now. Wait patiently for a few minutes till the process is done. If the above steps did not have any effect and your problem is still and your Apple device is stuck and not working, just a few more steps and you will be done. Just follow the rest of the guide.
Stuck on Startup
During startup if the Apple logo or a red or blue screen is displayed, follow these steps:
- Connect your Apple device to a PC
- Open iTunes. While your device is connected, force it to restart.
- For iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus:
Tap and release the Volume Up button.
2. Press and release the Volume Down button.
3. Press and hold the Side button till the recovery mode screen is generated by your device.
- For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button simultaneously. Keep the buttons pressed down till you see the recovery mode screen.
- In iPhone 6s and earlier:
Press and hold both the Home and the Lock/ Side (on the top of your device) button at the same time.
2. Hold down Home and Slide/ Lock button pressed till the recovery mode screen is generated.
- Your device will give you option: restore or update,
- Choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
The iTunes application will start downloading the software for your device from developer’s website. It should not take more than 15 minutes and your apple phone will exit the recovery mode
If you were not able to get complete the guide properly, it is recommended that you start over again with the guide.
If your reboot was effective and the device is up and running, congrats! You have done it.
Reasons for iPhone Not Responding
Such problems can often be the cause of bugs present in your device. Bugs can be present in any app. New apps that you have installed can be the problems. If an app is not installed properly that too can cause problems. Apps can also cause problems if it gets corrupted. Your apps can get corrupted if by mistake you delete some important system files of the app. It can also get corrupted during an Update. If the update process is not done properly i.e problems with internet connection during download or your phone turning off during an active update.
Always check for recent updates. If you do not update your phone If your phone is not updated your apps will always show lags and glitches. So, its very important you keep it updated to have a good user experience.
To check for System Updates:
- From menu open Settings
- Scroll through the settings menu and select
- Tap on Software Updates.
Your Apple device will now contact the developer’s server to check for updates.
- Initiate the download and wait till it ends.
If you have kept auto-download updates turned on, you will find the pending updates already downloaded.
- Select Install Now if an update is available, then follow the iPhone wizard’s on-screen instructions.
If you can’t access the settings of the phone, you can always choose to update the device from iTunes. To update your Apple device from iTunes, follow these steps:
- It’s recommended to use a stable internet connection for this process. If you are connected to some mobile/ portable hotspot, switch to a stable if possible an Ethernet connection.
- Download and install the latest version of Apple iTunes on your computer. If already installed, check for any pending updates. It is very essential you do this and should not be skipped under any circumstances
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable
- Open iTunes
- Select the device you want to work on. There may be a number of remembered or recognized devices in the list. Be sure to click the appropriate one.
- Select Summary
- Tap on Check for Updates.
- Select Download and Update. If iTunes asks for a password, provide the set password.
If you have can’t remember your password, select the Forgot Password option and follow the instructions.
See this: ARK server not responding
Check Recently Installed apps
The Apple App Store has millions of apps developed by thousands of developers worldwide. These apps are often un-moderated and unstable. The app may not have a full proof structure or algorithm and crashing every now and then. You should avoid installing and using these apps. Constant crashes and error reports can be bad for your device and harm it in various ways. You should look into the vitals of your apps to find out the specific app, if any, causing the errors. Follow the steps below:
- From Apps, select
- Scroll down to find and select
- Choose Analytics
- Select Analytics Data.
Go through the Logs displayed on your screen. Look for if any app’s name appears multiple times. You should select the apps that appear too many times on this page, as it indicates that the apps are not working properly and creating errors.
- Choose the Apps you can afford to remove and Delete
Sadly, this process is not possible through iTunes from your computer. You need the phone to be up and running in working condition.
If your problems are just too stubborn and just won’t go away you can always choose to go for a System Restore.
Still, if your device stuck and you are unable to unfreeze it, you should go for a restore and backup.
- Connecting your phone to the computer.
- Open iTunes
- Select the apple device you want to modify
- Click on Restore iPhone option and complete the on-screen instructions.
Well, I hope the above steps have helped your iPhone experience better, feel free to share your comments and suggestions below.