When the iTunes Backup Greyed Out problem creeps up, it prevents you from backing up your data from the iOS device to the Cloud. We will talk about the solution steps here and about the reasons that cause this problem. So, let’s get down to business.
iTunes Backup Greyed Out-The Reasons Behind the Problem
The reason for this problem can depend on the users, on the way they use their device to sync their data and media library. Let’s talk about the common causes that can be responsible for the problem-
- The most possible cause can be a weak internet connection; so, check out if you are connected to the internet well.
- Another possible reason for the iTunes Backup Greyed Out problem can be that you maxed out your iCloud storage capacity. If you think this the problem, delete some unnecessary files.
- An outdated iOS device can be the reason for this problem so, make sure to update your device.
- If you are using a USB cable, make sure the cable is connected properly.
Try A Third-Party Application to Resolve iTunes Backup Greyed Out
You can backup your data using a third-party application named EaseUS. Download the app and install it on your iOS device the follow the below steps to back up your data-
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and run the EaseUS app. Once the app recognizes your device, click on scan.
- Once the application is done with scanning, you can see all your iPhone content. Pictures, videos, and contacts
- Now select the stuff you want to backup then click Recover
If you are unable to get the fixes from the above-mentioned process, try out something different. Follow the section below.
You can also read: Logonui.exe Error in Windows 10
Fix iTunes Backup Greyed Out
Follow these steps to change settings of your iTunes network-
- Go to settings and then go to Restrictions-switch it on and click “allow changes”.
- You can also go your settings> Reset> Reset Network Settings and check if you are able to solve the problem.
There are also some certain things that can cause iTunes Backup Greyed Out. Check out the following instructions-
- Make sure that your Airplane mode is not turned on and data connection is on
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of your iOS device
- Don’t waste your Cloud space gathering unwanted data. Consider deleting some files that you might not need
- Most importantly, make sure that you are using a reliable internet connection
- If none of these methods work, try a hard reboot-
- Press and hold wake/sleep button and home button together and at the same time
- After the device shuts down, turn it on after a few seconds
Wrapping Up- iTunes Backup Greyed Out
iOS is the world’s one of the most prominent devices. But nonetheless, problems like iTunes Backup Greyed Out can happen. You can try the solutions mentioned here to solve the problem. And if you have any other resolve suggestion, you can definitely let us know in the comment box below.