Don’t you just hate it when you have your Apple iTunes backup greyed out? It prevents you from backing up your personal data from your IOS device to the cloud.
Before we jump into this problem. Let us first understand what causes this problem in the first place. For a start, a greyed out iTunes backup button can cause your phone memory to get exhausted.
Just so that you get to keep all your personal data within reach without clustering device data. You back up your extra data right in the cloud.
Thus it is not in your best interest that the backup button is greyed out. The cause of this problem can vary from user to user.
Before we dig in deep. Let us first check out some of the major reasons you might have iTunes backup greyed out.
iTunes Backup Greyed Out – Basic Reasons
When your iTunes backup button is greyed out. You are unable to upload your personal files to the cloud. It is cause for worry in most cases.
Given below are some of the common causes of your iTunes backup button getting greyed out. Let us check them out.
- One major reason for your iTunes backup greyed out might be due to a weak connection. Make sure that you are connected to a reliable network.
- Another major reason for your greyed out backup button might be because your iCloud storage capacity is at maximum. If you happen to face this problem. Try deleting some files instead.
- Un-updated IOS devices can cause this problem. Make sure that you have your IOS devices updated to the latest version. That should fix your greyed out iTunes backup button.
- If you backing up your data using a USB cable. Make sure that the cable is connected in a proper manner. A loose cable causes your backup button to grey out.
If you happen to be one of the many facing such an issue. Then there is a good chance that the above-mentioned points are the probable causes.
Based on the above reasons. You now have a rough idea of what causes the iTunes backup button to grey out. Now let us check out some of the solutions we can make use of to fix this issue.
iTunes Backup Greyed Out – Solutions and Fixes
A greyed out iTunes backup button can cause a problem for most. You have read about what are the probable causes for this problem. Now let us check out what all solutions we can use to resolve this issue.
Given below are some of the easy fixes.
- At times restrictions on changes could cause your backup button to grey out. Therefore it would be wise to change the settings.
First, you have to go to “settings”. Then click on “general” and then go to “Restrictions”, switch it on, then click on “allow changes”.
- Try resetting your network settings to resolve iTune backup greyed out. This method might just make your backup button to work again.
It is very easy. The first thing you have to do is click on “settings” then go to general. Then select “Reset”, click on “Reset Network Settings”. That’s it, check if your backup button is back online.
- It is the little things that matter. Make sure you have your airplane mode turned off. If it is turned on, data gets turned off automatically. thus giving you a greyed out backup button.
- It is very important that you make sure that your IOS device is updated to the latest version. If it is not, there is a good chance that the iTunes backup button might turn out to be grey.
- Delete unwanted data from your iCloud account. Fully loaded iCloud is perhaps the reason you are having a greyed out backup button.
- Again, make sure that you have a good and reliable internet connection to work with. If there is a possible break in the connection. You will find your backup button to grey out.
- If none of the above solution work for you. Why don’t you try doing a hard reboot? Follow the steps:
To perform a hard reboot, press and hold wake/sleep button and home button at the same time. Once the device shuts down. Turn it back on after a few seconds.
The above solutions should help you resolve your current situation. But you can always try a different approach.
Try a Third Party App to Backup iPhone Data
If you are in need to back up your iTunes data this instant. You have the option to back up your data using a third-party app.
One such major software to help you backup your data is of course EaseUS. Download it by clicking here
Now that you have downloaded the application. Refer to the steps given below to backup your data.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, then run the EaseUS application. Once your device is recognized click on Scan
- Once the application is done scanning. You get to preview all of your iPhone content. Pictures, videos, and contacts as well.
- Now select the pictures and videos you want to backup, then click on Recover.
That’s it, the above three steps are all you need to do if you want to backup your iTunes data.
To Sum it Up
Yes, we all know IOS is a reliable OS to count on. But it is true for a fact that problems creep up every now and then. iTunes backup greyed out is one of them.
But don’t you panic if you happen to face such an issue. I have provided you some quick fixes and easy solutions. So the next time you come face to face with this type of situation. You know exactly what to do.