Recently as I was trying to update my iPhone, immediately I got a message: iTunes Error 56. My iPhone got stuck on the screen just with the logo of iTunes on it.
I could not respond to any sort of gestures and the glossy Apple device was just useless at that time.
These sort of errors can always be annoying. Say you are about to update your Apple device for some urgent work and this error message pops up. How would you feel?
But, I came across effective ways that will help you fix the iTunes Error 56 with ease. So, here I am sharing the methods to fix the issue without any technical knowledge as such.
Easy Solutions to fix iTunes Error 56
Now, the iTunes Error 56 does not occur only when you try to update the iPhone. It can also pop up while you’re trying to restore the iOS device with iTunes.
Everybody has a busy schedule these days. So, I think that you all will need the solution that works fast and without any complications.
So, Dr. Fone is the software I would recommend for all the busy bees out there. This has a simple and easy user interface.
Even if you are a complete tech retard, you can make the most out of this software in a jiffy.
Okay, so let’s get you started with Dr. Fone
- Install the Dr. Fone Software on your PC.
- Now, connect the iPhone that is causing the trouble with your PC.
- You will find various options. So, find out ‘repair’, click it and proceed.
- Wait for the software to recognize the iPhone. Once it detects your Apple device, you can choose Start.
It is important that you boot the iPhone in DFU mode. How to do that? Press the power button and the home button at the same time. After 10 seconds, you should release the power button. Wait for the DFU screen to appear. Release the home button when it does.
- Now, just fill in the details as shown in the picture below. After you complete, choose Download.
- Wait for the firmware to download. The screen will appear somewhat like the image below.
- Finally, choose Fix Now.
Now, Dr. Fone is all set to repair all glitches and fix the iTunes Error 56. When it completes the task, your phone will restart automatically.
See, how long did it take? When I used the software, it barely took an hour. So, you install Dr. Fone and fix the error right away.
You know the best thing about Dr. Fone is that it will ensure the restoration of the data. So, if you are scared of losing the data while repairing the iTunes Error 56, then download Dr. Fone Repair tool.
This app will get your work done and that too without the loss of any data.
I have used it and I know how important it is!
This is the easiest solution to fix iTunes Error 56, according to me. But, there are other solutions too. Let us have a look at each one of them.
Okay, this software works pretty much the same way as the Dr. Fone software. You can also keep a backup of all your data with the help of this tool.
Here’s how to use it
- Connect your iPhone to the PC with an authentic USB cable.
- You will find the option More Tool on the interface of this tool. Click on that.
- Choose iOS System recovery.
- Let the software detect your device.
- You will also find the software displaying the possible causes of the iTunes Error 56.
- Just click on Start.
- Have a look at the information on your iPhone. If you find it right, click on repair.
- If the information is wrong, then fill up the correct one and proceed.
The unique feature of the software is that it will automatically install the latest version of OS on your device.
This was all about the best software and the basic steps to fix the iTunes Error 56.
But, I recommend that you also try to find out the reason that is causing the glitch. If you know the reason, you can make sure to avoid that occurrence of this error again.
You May Also Like: Computer Not Responding To Anything, Chrome Security Error
Basic solutions without the help of a software
1. Perform a security software check on your Computer
Wrong security software can block the communication to servers of Apple. At the same time, iTunes require access to multiple network servers for the upgrade and synch task.
If there is an error in the security software, then the network directories will determine the iTunes as a virus software.
So, find out if that’s the case and fix it
- Open the anti-virus software you are using.
- Check the exception list and see if iTunes is there. If not, then you have to include it to avoid blocking of iTunes.
- Visit the Windows Firewall and check the exempted list. Make sure that iTunes is present there.
- You should close any sort of virtualization apps. This will block the outdated USB connections.
2. Least favorite: Go for the Restore Factory Settings
- Visit iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Connect the iPhone to your Computer. As I mentioned earlier, you should use an authentic data cable for the connection.
- Now, follow the steps on screen and provide a passcode (If required)
- You will find the restore option in the summary panel. Just click on it.
- Again click on Restore. Finally, iTunes will erase the device and install the latest iOS software.
Now, your iPhone is just good as new. But I don’t like this method as it erases all the data and settings.
It is so annoying to set up my iPhone all over again.
3. Use the updated version of iTunes on your PC
See, it is not only in the case of iTunes that you should the latest version. But, it is for all sorts of devices that you use. Using the poor version of any OS can cause trouble.
So, this should be the first solution that you can try to fix the iTunes Error 56.
- Update the iTunes Mac
- Go to the app store on the Mac.
- Choose the Updates option.
- If you find any update there, just install it.
This is how will you update iTunes on Windows
- Go to iTunes.
- Select Help.
- Click on ‘Check for Updates’
Now, just go through the instructions and install the latest version with ease.
The cause of this error can be anything from poor USB port to update issues. So, you should try every way that can help you come out of this trouble.
Even I was surprised to know that poor USB port can also interfere with the update of your iTunes. If you are using a data cable from another device, you should stop using it again.
4. Use the authentic USB port is my final solution
Follow the steps below to make sure that your USB connection is not faulty
- Firstly, always use an original USB cable. Or you can also use the one from Apple.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC with that cable and check the status of the connection.
- You should also remove batteries and cases that belong to the third party.
If you are unwilling to install a software and fix the iTunes Error 56, then try out these methods. Factors like security, USB port and bugs can also lead to this glitch.
So, you can try fixing nipping all the possible causes in order to fix the error. But I should confess that these methods may or may not work every time.
So, ultimately you have to install a software and get the error fixed.
But, if you are lucky enough, then these solutions can fix the error too.
What can possibly cause iTunes Error 56?
A damaged USB cable can interfere with the connection between PC and your Apple device. So, this can block the update procedures of iPhone.
A problem with the Switch button of your iTunes platform or the iDevice can also cause this error on the iPhone screen.
These are the most possible and obvious reasons that can cause this error. Bugs and malware attack can also cause this issue. So, make sure that you have an anti-virus software installed on your device.
iTunes Error 56 is a common problem that many of the iPhone users can face just like I did. the reasons can rage anything from malicious software to damaged USB port.
But, there is nothing to worry about when you face such situations.
Here, I have mentioned the simplest way to get your device out of this trouble.
It is important that you restore the data on your iPhone. I have mentioned certain data recovery tools that will help you complete the process.
if you have any queries in regards to the software or the installation steps, feel free to drop in your comments below.