Sometimes iTunes cannot connect your iPhone to your system because the system does not recognize your Apple phone. While you are facing this iTunes Not Responding issue, let’s try out these simple steps that can help you to get rid of your problem quickly.
iTunes is a premium music player which is developed by the world’s biggest company Apple. Not only a music player, but it also works as a media library, online radio broadcaster, and mobile management app and software. This cross-platform app is available at both Windows and Mac operating systems.
With iTunes software, you are able to organize your media library, playlists and more as well as downloading songs, videos, and other media from iTunes Store. You can access iTunes Store from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices.
Solutions for iTunes Not Responding-
Like every other software programs, iTunes also comes with bugs. But if you follow the right ways to fix the problem, it can also be solved in a jiffy. So, follow these steps for a hassle-free solution to iTunes Not Responding problem.
iTunes Not Responding- Windows Issue
If you are failed to connect with your iTunes server over your Windows PC, let’s check out what I have covered below.
- When your iTunes fails to start, you’ll get two error messages which mean the following:
- ASR most likely does not exist on your disk storage or apparently, corrupted
- Snowbreeze 1.6 Custom Firmware is facing the ASR patch problem
Try to Open iTunes in Safe Mode
At times when problems like this occur, safe mode can change the game plan for you. Try to start your iTunes software in safe mode that keeps the program from the interference of plug-ins or scripts powered by Apple.
- To start the software in safe mode, press [Shift] + [Ctrl] keys together
- When the software opens up, it will display a message: “iTunes is running in Safe Mode. Visual plug-ins you have installed have been temporarily disabled”
- This will solve the problem. In case it doesn’t, then you have to remove all the installed third-party plug-ins.
You can also read: Google Chrome Not Responding
Create a New iTunes Library
The problem can be due to your media library. So, to make sure of it, create a new iTunes library and try to restore the older one. To go back to the original library, you can follow these steps:
- Close iTunes software and open the program again while pressing down the Shift key
- Create a new iTunes library to see the issue occurs or not. If it can resolve the issue, try to install the older copy of your iTunes library
- If the same problem occurs, then follow the other steps.
Check for System Issues
- Check for any potential harmful program that can prevent your iTunes from opening or causing it to quit abruptly
- Keep your windows firewall and antivirus program updated
- Check if the iTunes program is installed probably. You can also uninstall and reinstall the program to resolve the issue
- Keep your Windows drivers updated.
That’s all. Let us know in the comment box below if you are still facing the iTunes Not Responding problem.