Sometimes we brought a brand new SD card from the market, and it shows the wrong size issues. I will show you some best solution by which you can recover your Micro SD Card Showing Wrong Size Issues. But before that, let’s check out why it is showing the wrong size issue.
Reasons Why Micro SD Card Showing Wrong Size Occurs
An expansion card: An expansion card are the ones who show larger storage capacity than the amount of actual storage it has. These cards are made by using illegal software, and if you use more data than what fits within it, your data will get corrupted and worst of all, you are risking of losing your data. This problem can’t be solved so I’d always recommend you to buy a copyrighted SD card.
The SD card is virus infected: Some hidden files inside the card can be malicious. Also, a virus software can occupy the disk space for which you are getting wrong size issue.
SD card is corrupted: When an SD card gets damaged, it can show wrong storage also, when the file system of the SD card gets corrupted, it shows 0 bytes.
You can also read: Android Data Recovery Tool
Micro SD Card Showing Wrong Size Issues (Resolved)
Format Your SD Card
When you have the Micro SD Card Showing Wrong Size Issues, you can try out this resolve. But always make sure to back up your important data into other computer or an online account. Formatting the SD card will delete all your data within it, but there is some data recovery software available on the market that can restore your formatted data.
- Open the settings app from your mobile
- Then scroll down to find the settings button and tap on it
- Now, tap on the SD Card name
- From the right side, tap on the Options button
- Here you can find the Format option, tap on it
- When you get a warning, tap on OK and then Erase & Format
If you want to format it on your Windows PC, follow the steps below-
- Insert the SD card into your computer through a USB cable or a card reader
- Open Start and open File Explorer
- Next, click My Computer
- Here you have to click on the SD Card’s Name
- Now, click on the Manage tab
- When you select Format, it will open a new window for you
- From the drop-down menu, click on ‘File System.’
- Click Start and then select OK
After formatting, you can also recover your data if you can download and install the iCare Data Recovery Pro on your computer.
Recover Your Data After Formatting
- Visit https://download.icare-recovery.com/icarepro.zip and download the iCare Data Recovery Pro Software on your computer
- Run the software after installing and select a recovery module
- Select the SD card you have formatted earlier and scan it for lost files
- Here you can preview the files you have formatted and also can recover the files you want back
Now you can bid goodbye to the Micro SD Card Showing Wrong Size Issue. But if the above-mentioned processes do not help, please tell us in the comment box below.