Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you have a .QBW file but don’t know in which software it will open? Or you want to open the file without actually running or opening the software to save your precious time? Well, .QBW file is created in QuickBooks. However, users frequently want to know how they can open QBW file without QuickBooks.
The term QuickBooks is not rare for those who handle business’s accounting and bookkeeping. Developed by Intuit, this software is the most reliable and highly recommended software by small and medium-sized business owners for financial assistance.
QBW file is a crucial component of QuickBooks as all the important files created in this software are saved in .QBW format. One question asked by QuickBooks users is how to open a qbw file without QuickBooks so that they could save more time while using QuickBooks on a different system.
Is it even possible? This question is rarely thought of because opening a qbw file without installing Quickbooks is like opening an Excel file without actually installing Ms Excel.
In our post, we will tell you the most relevant question asked by QB user i.e. “How to open QBW File without using QuickBooks”
Let’s understand What is QBW File Extension
All information and company files are saved in this popular format of QuickBooks. This is a format to which all files are attached. These files serve many purposes like:-
- Financial Data
- Cash flow projector
Importance of .QBW :
- It allows the user to have a look at the content of files.
- It gives easy methods to keep all the files securely.
- By looking at the name of the file, it can sort all documents.
- It helps in identifying the authenticity of the data.
- These files carry sensitive data and users must create a backup of these files in order to avoid trouble in the future.
Difference Between .QBW, .QBB, .QBX File
|.qbw File||.qbb File||.qbx File|
|File Type||It is aCompany File||It is a Backup File||It isAccountant’s Copy File|
|Function||Working data file of QuickBooks, Core of QuickBooks.||Regular backup file of QuickBooks, used in storing backup data in the .qbb file.||Holds all the Accountant’s copy, being used in QuickBooks.|
Reasons to Open QBW File without QuickBooks Desktop?
Users need to open their company files without QuickBooks many times. For example, if a user is using a different accounting software other because of any problem, but he wants to open his old QuickBooks company files. then, this is the time when users face difficulty. They have previous .QBW files on the storage, but no relevant software available to open the file as they might have started using a different accounting application.
One more reason is the error caused by your computer. If your screen shows a message ‘Windows can’t open this file” while launching .QBW file, then it will ask you to choose a program in order to open the file.
The most easy method to open .QBW files is to export your files to Ms Excel, which will convert your file into an excel format. the process is very simple and mentioned below. Keep reading till the end and you will start opening qbw file without QuickBooks.
How to Open QBW File without QuickBooks?
Now, we have understood the basic concept of QB and .QBW files, let’s come to the ways to Open QBW file “without Quickbooks”.
Try to Set up Users Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
In order to get permission to use Multi user access in QuickBooks, a user needs to install QuickBooks data Server Manager. Below are the steps to process further.
- Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop on your PC.
- Go to File Menu and choose Switch to multi-user mode.
- Select Yes when the window prompts you to do it.
- Now after that, select OK on the window of Multi-user Setup Information. Go to the Company options and then choose Users to add necessary users. Then navigate to Set up Users and Roles.
- Select new to end the process.
Export the Company Files to Ms Excel
- By this process, the company files will be converted into a different format.
- Go to the Start menu and click on Intuit from the option of All Programs. Choose QuickBooks and open the QBW file by right-clicking.
- After that on the top of your monitor, choose the Excel option. Now choose the Export Excel option to save the file in Excel format. Now, search the .QBW file in Excel and Open it. Choose the File again to import. try to do this in Excel version of 2020.
- After the import process is finished, press Tab on the Data and then on Other Resources. Locate and open your QBW file that has become an excel file.
Hope we have solved your query on how to open QBW File Extension easily without opening the QuickBooks Application. If these steps helped you, please do inform us in the comments section below and provide a few tips to help other readers.