Are you getting the error message Program not Responding more frequently on your Windows PC? Well, you are not alone then. Every computer user at some point in time has to face this kind of issue.
Go through the article. Here I’m sharing my takes on ‘Program not Responding’ issues. Applying these solutions you may get out of the problem.
Reasons for Program not Responding
Before you solve the problem just check the common reasons for which your PC shows the error message ‘Program Not Responding’ opening certain applications.
Your computer needs to read some system files for certain program to run on your PC. And there can be case those important files are missing or corrupted because of which you have to face the problem with that particular program.
System Affected by Spyware or Malware
Hidden malware or virus program can damage certain application software. And because of that, you could have to face the issue with those programs.
Too Many Background Process Running
If you run too much software application at the same time it could lead your system show you that kind of error message. When more than two or three same kinds of software programs run simultaneously it becomes a bit difficult for your system to read those files.
Giving rise to the software conflicts and certain software programs, it doesn’t run as smooth as you would expect.
Lack of System Resources
To run a software your system needs to read and write the programming language of that particular software. And for that, a certain disk space and memory is needed. If your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements for a specific Software application it will show you the error message.
Some Easy Solutions to ‘Program not Responding’ Error
Try the solutions given below. It can help you to solve the problem.
Method 1: End The Program from Task Manager
If the error message you are receiving is not continuous you don’t need to be worried than. The issue is not the fatal one. Try to End the Task with Task manager and restart your PC.
Running task manager is a very task to do. Follow the steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del from your Keyboard
- Then Click on the More Details Option
- Select the program causing high CPU usage and the Program not Responding
- Click on End Task button
By doing these you will be able to end the program that was not responding.
Read Also: Chrome Failed Network Error, CPU Fan not Spinning
Method 2: Fix System Files
If you see the error message more frequently then try to fix the system files. It can help you to solve the problem. Try Scanning and fixing your system files to get the solution. Do the following things to fix the system files:
- Disconnect the internet or any network if you are connected with any
- Disable the security software i.e the antivirus or firewall or malware protection software
- Open Command Prompt in Administrator mode
- Type SFC /SCANNOW and hit the Enter button
- Wait a few minutes to complete the process
- Now Restart your PC
Method 3: Perform a disk check
Perform a disk check and make sure whether the disk related issue is the reason for your problem. Follow the steps given:
- Press the Windows Key from your Keyboard
- Then type cmd there
- Now, Right Click on the Command Prompt
- And then Run as administrator
- Now, Click Yes to Continue
- Type chkdsk /f /r, then press Enter on your keyboard
- Press ‘Y’ on your keyboard
Performing disk check will get you away with the problem if disk related issues were the reason behind the problem. Try other methods if the problem persists.
Method 4: Run the Event Viewer
You can simply run Event Viewer to figure out the reason behind your problem. Just follow these simple steps to Run Event Viewer on your PC.
- Press the Windows key along with the X key at the same time
- Select Event Viewer from the list
- Then Click on the Windows Logos from the left side panel
- Now Click System
- Then Click on Error or Wrong from the drop-down menu
- Now you can see the detailed information of the things because of which you are facing the problem
- Try to fix those issues and the job is done
Method 5: Run a Full Scan of your PC
Sometimes virus and malware affect important files of the software applications installed on your PC. Because of this kind of virus infections certain software programs shows not responding error message.
Running a full PC scan can help to solve the problem by fixing those programming files.
Method 6: Uninstall And Reinstall the Software
If all the solution above couldn’t solve the problem for you, removing the software that makes your PC showing you the error message Program not Responding is the only solution you are left out with.
Follow the steps below to do so.
- Press the Windows Key from your Keyboard
- Type Control Panel
- Open Control Panel
- Select Programs and Click Uninstall a Program
- Then the list of Program will be opened to you
- Right Click on the Program not Responding and select uninstall
- Restart Your Computer and install the software again
Now it’s time to bid adieu to you guys. Try these easy solutions to fix your not responding issues. If you have any other solution for this problem don’t forget to mention in the comment section.