Every Windows user at some point happened to face this Program not Responding Error message. Here I am with the possible solutions that you can apply to resolve the issue. But before talking about the solution process, let’s find out the reason behind the issue.
Why Does Program not Responding Error Occur?
- Due to corrupted or missing files, you can encounter this Program not Responding Error message in your Windows PC
- If your system is infected by malware or spyware or a similar virus, you can encounter the same error message
- If you are performing too many tasks at the same time, there is a good chance you are encountering this error
Now let’s not think too much and get straight to the solution procedures.
End Program from Task Manager
If you are facing the Program not Responding Error, please follow the mentioned-below steps-
- First, press Ctrl + Alt + Del from your computer keyboard
- Then you need to click on the More Details Option
- Then select the problem which is causing the high disk usage and the issue
- Lastly, click on the End Task button
If this process does not help, follow the other solutions.
Fix the Corrupted System Files
To fix the problem, try to scan through the system files and for that, just follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, disconnect any network you are connected with
- Then disable security protection or any firewall and malware protection program
- Then you have to open Command Prompt in Administrator mode
- Next, type SFC /SCANNOW and then hit the Enter button
- Wait a few seconds or minutes till the process gets completed
Next, you have to restart your PC after performing all these. And if this also does not help, do not mind to check out the next process.
You can also read: Chrome’s HTTP Error 400 Bad Request Error
Perform a Disk Check to Resolve Program not Responding Error
- Press the Windows key and then type cmd next right click on the option
- Then click to Run as administrator option
- Next, click Yes
- Type chkdsk /f /r and you then require to hit Enter
- After that press Y
This process will help you get out of the disk related issues, but if you are still facing the same not responding problem, please follow the other solutions.
Run the Event Viewer- Program not Responding Error (Solved)
- Press the Windows key and X at the same time and together
- You have to click on Event Viewer on the list
- Next, click Windows Logos from the left side panel then click System
- From the drop-down menu, click on Error or Wrong
- Now you can see the details of the things due to which you are facing the problem
- Then fix the issues and you will not encounter that not responding message again.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue even after going through all these procedures, please drop a comment.