QuickBooks has made accounting and bookkeeping super easy and user-friendly. It has multiple advanced features that make the process of accounting, financing, taxing, making invoices, etc super easy. But despite having the latest advanced features to help users, this software also is not free of technical glitches and errors. There are many QuickBooks errors like 15106, 0999, 15222, 1334, QBDBMgrN.exe and many more. One such error that users often face is QBCFMonitorService Not Running.
The moment QBCFMonitorService.exe stops working, a user gets QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error. This obstructs the entire important task of the user, so fixing this error becomes necessary to assume the work and enjoy the services of QuickBooks.
Possible reasons of the Error ‘QBCFMonitorService not running on this Computer’
- Malware or virus attack.
- Another program on your system might have deleted the QBCFMonitorService.exe accidentally
- Improper installation of QuickBooks
- Failed Installation of QuickBooks Server manager.
- Firewall obstructing QuickBooks to access the internet.
- Unstable internet connection.
- Issue in Windows Registry.
- Conflict between QBCFMonitorService.exe and a program.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks qbcfmonitorservice not Running
We have gathered many solutions to fix qbcfmonitorservice not running error. Out of these, you can choose any solution depending on the problem. Any QuickBooks user can follow these simple solutions to avoid this error and continue the work. So keep reading.
1. Repair Windows Registry
Settings and options of QuickBooks are stored in Windows Registry. If you try to fix this, the error you are facing can be resolved. A user needs to remove errors in order to Repair Windows Registry. If you are an advanced Window user with technical knowledge.
2. Reinstall QuickBooks and Uninstall Unnecessary Programs
- Go to the Start button to select the control panel.
- Press Uninstall after selecting the QB program of your choice.
- It is a little time-consuming so have the patience for a few seconds.
- After uninstalling, Restart the PC and Reinstall the software.
3. Confirm that QuickBools Single user Hosting setup on the Server
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the File.
- Navigate to the Utilities Option.
- Choose the option of Host Multi-User Access.
- Click yes on the Confirmation Box.
- You must activate hosting on the server only and it should not run on any computer.
- For that, you need to go to the File and if you see the application is running under Multi-user mode then you need to click on Switch to Single User Mode.
4. Update Windows and Latest QuickBooks Version(Compatibility)
If you are still reading this solution then, you might still be facing the error- ‘qbcfmonitorservice is not running on this computer’, don’t panic, the another solution to get rid of this error is to make your windows compatible with the latest version of QuickBooks.
- This is the most commonly followed solution through which you can get relief from this error.
- Go to the start option and type update option in the search bar. You will see the updater option, select that. After clicking on check for updates, windows server takes some minutes to see the availability of windows updates.
- If there is an update, click on the download option and restart your PC after the process is completed.
5. Update Firewall
Windows Firewall can also cause QuickBooks database server manager to stop, so, the second step is to start fixing Firewall.
- Type Run command and then type again Control Firewall.cpl.
- Hit OK.
- Now open Windows Firewall, then navigate to Update your Firewall Settings and press tab on Check for Updates.
- Select Update Now and wait till the process gets completed.
- Restart your PC and open QuickBooks to see if the error is fixed or not.
6. Using Windows System File Checker Tool
By using this tool, a user can easily scan and fix missing or damaged file in the system.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type the command there.
- Press Ctrl + Shift keys. Hit Enter
- A permission dialogue will come up on your screen, click Yes. Now, you will be prompted to click on SFC/Scan. Hit Enter.
- The process will take a few minutes and then you need to check to confirm if the error has been fixed or not.
- If your system is still showing error of autostart services not running qbcfmonitorservice, then jump to the next solutions below.
7. Try to Set up QuickBooks Database Manager Service
- Type Run command and then type services.msc.
- Hit OK.
- Now, in the list of services available, look for QuickBooks DBXX.
- In case, the service status is stopped, then select properties after right-clicking on it.
- Now, in the tab General, a user needs to change the Startup Type to Automatic.
- In the Log on Tab, change the option to Local System Account from This Account.
- Go to the Recovery Tab, you will see the list of first failure, second failure, and subsequent failure, choose to restart the Service.
- Click on Apply and Hit OK.
We have tried to give you detailed information and Quick simple solutions to resolve QBCFMonitorService.exe error. Now you will be able to fix the “QuickBooks qbcfmonitorservice not running” error on your own. If you want to share any tip with us or readers, do mention in the comment section below.