If you are a QuickBooks user, you must be knowing about the W2 forms. In business, there are hundreds and thousands of employees working who are issued W2 tax forms. QuickBooks Reprint W2 forms help an employee to have the information of his earning that is important to complete an Income tax return. The W2 form is a kind of statement that includes information about his earning/salary provided to him by his employers. Information in the W2 form is very crucial for tax returns.
QuickBooks helps the employers in this process and provides printed copies to the employees for further use. What if an employee loses or damages accidentally the W2 form? In this case, you will have to reprint W2 in QuickBooks. We will tell you how to reprint W2 in QuickBooks in case you have lost or damaged the W2 form by mistake.
But before that, it is important to know about the IRS guidelines to be followed. So, let’s start.
Follow These IRS Guidelines for QuickBooks Reprint W2
- Make sure to have a ‘REISSUED STATEMENT’ watermark on the form.
- Keep attached copies of, B and C and 2.
- Keep a copy of the W2 Form filing Instruction for further use.
Requirements for IRS for QuickBooks Reprint W2
- Intuit Online Payroll or QuickBooks Online Payroll.
- Blank or 4-up printable forms Perforated forms for employees.
- According to the guidelines of the IRS, use only non-reflective black ink.
- It is important to confirm that it is compatible with the latest QuickBooks Payroll version.
- Make sure to have the latest payroll tax table.
W2 Tax Form: Set up Preference
- In Company payroll preferences, select the paper you are going to use to Print the forms.
- Then, navigate to Settings and after that Payroll Settings.
- Select W2 printing option in the Preference.
How to Reprint W2 in QuickBooks Online? Steps to be Followed
QB users have so many questions related to the W2 forms like- what is QuickBooks Reprint W2, How to reprint W2 in Quickbooks 2015 or How do I reprint a w2 in QuickBooks 2016? Don’t worry there are no difficult answers tpo these questions. Read our post till the end to get all the answers.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to Reprint W2 in QuickBooks:
- Open QBO, go to the Taxes, then select Payroll Tax.
- Go to the Forms section and choose Annual Forms.
- Now, select a particular or all employees (according to your need).
- Select W2, Copies B, C & 2.
- Choose View to open the form. Make sure there is a watermark in the W2 form.
- Now, navigate to the File and select the option of Print.
Another Way to Reprint W2 in QuickBooks
If you are reading this, it means that you were unable to reprint W2 forms on your own even after following the above solution. Relax, We are giving you another way to reprint W2 in QuickBooks. Go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Navigate to the Employees.
- Then Payroll Tax Forms.
- Then go to W2s.
- Choose Process Payroll forms and in the Filing history press tab on Saved Filings.
- After locating the form, click on the link in the Saved PDF column.
- Press the tab on Click Icon and complete the process.
Now, you will be able to reprint W2 forms. The easy methods provided by us can be followed by any QB user.
We have given all the relevant information related to Reprint W2 Quickbooks. We hope, you were able to reprint W2 in QuickBooks after reading our post. If yes, then do visit our website to read more articles that are unique and interesting at the same time. We are sure that you will like them a lot.