QuickBooks won’t open agitates the users with frequent warning pop-ups whenever they want to run the software. “Stuck on the loading screen”, “not responding”, QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start” or “has stopped working” are other names of this issue. Several users reported about it in the past few days that makes it a common problem.
You might encounter it due to some malicious activities and corrupted folders within the system. However, there can be other responsible factors as well. You must get into the next section to learn why won’t QuickBooks open.
Factors that trigger QuickBooks won’t Open
These causes could be the answer to why won’t QuickBooks open.
- Missing and damaging of QBWUSER.INI file
- If there is some outdated operating system.
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks desktop.
- The company name is very large.
- Not using a good hard disk.
Ways to detect QuickBooks won’t open issue
The pointers below will help you to identify that QuickBooks won’t open issue.
- QuickBooks is not functioning properly
- Using an old version of the operating system
- Inputs of mouse and keyboard are not working
- Frequents hangs within the QuickBooks
- The user fails in accessing the QB file
Note: Don’t click continuously and wait till QuickBooks opens
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Won’t Open
If still, QuickBooks won’t open company file then try out these solutions:
Solution 1: Rename QBWUSER.ini. File
- Firstly, open the folder that has the ini file.
- Make sure to enable the hidden folders and files when you can not locate the file.
- Thereafter, perform a right-click on the QBWUSER.ini.file.
- Hit the Rename option.
- Also, add .old as an extension.
- Just rename the ecml file now.
Solution 2: Restart the System
The problem may not be as big as you thought. So, try to resolve it by restarting your system. All kinds of bugs would be easily fixed once you restart the computer.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
Use the QuickBooks tool hub 220.127.116.11 for another solution to troubleshoot this issue. Get into the steps below to learn how you should do it.
- Initially, close QuickBooks.
- Just download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save this file on a desktop folder or any other that you can easily access.
- Now, just open the saved file QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Go through the instructions carefully that are brought into the computer screen.
- Also, hit the “I agree” button.
- After completing the installation, just use any of the tools from the tool hub and fix issues.
Solution 4: Fix Installation Issues
If there is any installation issue then fix it with these steps:
- Run the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Direct towards the Installation Issues button.
- Also, click on QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- After that, run this tool on your system.
- The procedure may consume a little bit of time.
- Thereafter, restart your computer and QuickBooks.
- Open the data file.
- Verify the issue as well.
Solution 5: Create a New Windows User
- Head towards the Control Panel window.
- Also, double click on User Account.
- Once done, select Manager User.
- Hit Add.
- Further, enter the relevant admin credentials like domain and name.
- Also, choose OK.
- Click Administrator for Windows 10.
- Consequently, hit the Finish option.
- Choose OK on the User Accounts box.
Solution 6: Re-Register QuickBooks
- First of all, verify if you have registered QuickBooks or not.
- Then, access your QuickBooks software.
- Press the F2 button to open the Product Information window.
- Consequently, specify the license and product number
- It will provide you with the status of registration.
- Make sure to not proceed with any other thing if you have registered it earlier.
- If not, then close the Product information button.
- Choose the Help menu.
- Thereafter, click on the Activate QuickBooks.
- With the help of the instructions appear on the screen complete the procedure
Solution 7: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Clean installation of QuickBooks requires two significant steps uninstallation and installation of QuickBooks. This is how you should conduct the procedure.
QuickBooks desktop Uninstallation
- Open the Windows desktop.
- Move towards the Control Panel.
- After that, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Head towards the Installed Programs list.
- You need to then locate the QB software.
- Right-click on it.
- Thereafter, pick Uninstall/Change button.
- You will later see an Uninstall wizard.
- Try to proceed with the uninstalling procedure.
- Just reinstall the software once done with installation.
QuickBooks Desktop Reinstallation
- Once done with the uninstallation, try to reinstall your QuickBooks software with the following steps.
- Navigate towards the downloaded file.
- Try to launch the installer file with the .exe extension.
- Once done, you need to install the QB desktop.
- Carry out the steps prompted on your screen.
- Choose the Finish button.
- Once the reinstallation is completed, just access QuickBooks.
- Also, open the QB file to verify this issue.
Solution 8: Suppress QuickBooks
- Perform a right-click on the QuickBooks desktop.
- Thereafter, hold the Ctrl button.
- Click Open.
- Again, hold the Ctrl button for accessing the No company open window.
- Leave the same when you find issues within the QuickBooks.
- Just open the QuickBooks file.
Solution 9: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- First of all, prepare a backup of the company file.
- The file will prevent all kinds of losses and damages.
- Then, restart the system.
- If there is any application opened then make sure to close it.
- Navigate towards the Windows Start menu.
- Just locate the Control Panel also.
- Consequently, hit programs and features option.
- After that, click Uninstall a Program.
- Hit the Programs button if you cannot find the Programs and Features option.
- Thereafter, click Programs and Features.
- Go through the list of Programs and choose QuickBooks.
- Hit Uninstall and Change button.
- Subsequently, tap Continue.
- Also, pick Next.
- Click the Repair button.
- Again, pick Next.
- Then, the repairing procedure will start on its own.
- You need to hit Finish when it ended.
- Thereafter, restart the computer.
- Try to save all the recent changes made on your device.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Don’t forget to try out the latest fixes and security updates as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why is my QuickBooks won’t open?
If you cannot access your QuickBooks software then make sure to fill up other credentials. Moreover, don’t forget to clear the cache and cookies. If the issue still keeps on coming then disable the extension and update the browser also.
2. How can I force Quit QuickBooks on Mac?
Hit the QuickBooks menu and select Force Quit to quit QuickBooks on Mac.
3. What is the reason behind my QuickBooks keep closing?
It might be happened due to QuickBooks files issues. So, make sure to find out the newest release and update QuickBooks with it. After finishing, check out the issue.
4. How can I resolve QuickBooks won’t open on Mac?
Conduct any of these solutions to fix QuickBooks won’t open on Mac.
- Suppress QBW32.exe process
- QBWUSER.INI file modification.
- QuickBooks installation repair.
5. How to fix QuickBooks freezes?
- Click File menu.
- Choose Utilities.
- Then, select the Rebuild data option.
- Choose OK.
- Hit OK when the rebuild is finished.
- Thereafter, choose File > Utility > Verify Data.
- After that, just rebuild the data.