Google Chrome is most used web browser worldwide. Having such as huge user-base all over the world also create troubles in the browser. The DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is just another error name that many Chrome users have faced. Fortunately, this error has some easy resolves that you can perform to get rid of the issue.
DNS problem also occurs to the certain websites that you are trying to reach. If there is a problem with the DNS server, then you can encounter this issue. But in the below section, I have mentioned some common solution steps that can help you to get rid of the issue.
Easy Hacks For DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
This type of errors happens when the DNS server is not responding, or the IP is broken. But you can solve this problem by going through the solutions I have listed below.
Add a New DNS Server
This is the most reliable solution for DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error, so, give it a try. To change the server address, you need to follow a few steps-
- First, press Win Key + R to launch the Windows Run box
- In the box, type Control Panel and press Enter or click OK
- From the newly opened window, click on the Small icons > Network and Sharing Center option
- At the new page, you have to click on Change Adapter settings
- Here you will have to select the local area connection you are connected with, then right-click it and click on Properties
- From the drop-down menu, select Internet Protocol Version 4, and select properties
- Here you will have to select “Use the following DNS server” and click OK
- In the two boxes, type-
For Prefered DNS: 188.8.131.52
For Alternate DNS: 184.108.40.206
That’s all. But if you are still running into the same trouble, please follow a different solution.
You can also read: Video Scheduler Internal Error
DNS can gather a junk of caches, and the wise decision is to remove them; follow these steps-
- Press Windows+R from your computer and in the Run box, type “cmd” then press Enter
- In the command prompt page, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter
- Once the process is complete, you’ll have to restart your computer and check if the problem is still running or not
Reset Chrome Browser to Default
In most cases, resetting your Chrome browser can solve the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem for you, follow these steps-
- Run the browser and type chrome://flags/
- Press enter and from the new page, click on Reset all
- Next, restart your computer and check if the problem is still troubling you or not.
Sometimes your antivirus or firewall cause many problems with your Chrome browser, and to the certain websites, you try to access. In this case, try to disable your antivirus and see if the problem is persisting or not. Try to uninstall the antivirus if the problem still exists.
Try these few resolves to solve the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem and if you have other solutions, let us know also.