You always need to unmount your SD before you are going to remove it from your device. And when you are going to use it, you need to mount it back to your phone. But if you are not sure which SD Card Mounters you should apply, I have provided the solutions here, kindly check out.
Additionally, I am going to give you the basic solutions to the problems you have faced while mounting your SD card, so please check out the sections below.
Why Should You Always Unmount Your SD Card Before Removing It?
It is always recommended to unmount your SD card before removing it. Doing so will keep the things inside of the card safe and will prevent it from losing any data. You should also keep a back up of those files before taking it off to prevent data loss.
At the time of factory settings, you will have to unmount your SD card. After clicking on the unmount button, your phone will not read the stuff saved within the card and will not display the card. Let’s check out what are the possible dangers that appear when you don’t unmount your SD card-
- Without unmounting the SD card, you can lose your saved data and it can also damage the card
- If you remove your SD card unexpectedly during data transfer, you are at the risk of data loss
- If you think that your SD card is corrupted and that is affecting your phone, you should just remove it but before that, back up it and format
There are many other risks that you can face if you do not use SD Card Mounter but let’s not talk about it and let’s see how to unmount SD card.
You can also read: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET
Unmount SD Card
How to Unmount SD Card from Your Phone?
- First, open the settings app of your phone
- Find Storage and scroll down to get the unmounting SD Card option
- Then hit Ok and from the pop-up window, confirm the unmounting
After performing these steps, you can safely remove your SD card.
How to Unmount SD Card from Your PC
For USB cable-
- After transferring your data, do not rush to take it off
- At first, do a right-click on the storage drive
- Next, select the Eject option and click that
Now that your SD card is ejected, you can pull the USB cable off. And for Card Reader, you can follow the same process as above.
Mount SD Card on Your Phone
- Open the in-built slot for SD Card then remove the SD Card physically
- Put it back again or apply the next process
- Go to settings
- Choose Storage and scroll down where the mounting SD Card option is
- Then hit the ok button
Mount SD Card on Your PC
- Firstly, connect the SD card with your PC via a card reader or USB cable
- Click on the Mount option
- Finally, you can see the card on your “My Computer”
That’s it. If you face any issue while performing any of these processes, please do not hesitate to let us know.