SWTOR Launcher failure? SWTOR server not responding. No idea about How to fix SWTOR server not responding. Don’t worry you have come to the right place. The Force is on our side.
SWTOR or ‘Star Wars: The Old Republic is an online MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) role-playing game. It’s developed and produced by Bioware, Electronic Arts, and Lucas Films Ltd. The game handles thousands of players together. Launched in 2011, the game updated with regular patches which are required for the game to be up to date.
You are always connected with thousands of other users. You probably will face some errors here and there. SWTOR Server not responding and Patch errors are often the most common problems a user can face. Here is a guide for the common troubleshooting procedure for errors of Launcher which prevents you from patching or launching of the game. Go through the guide and May the force be with you.
Launcher Patch – Not Working
- Start Task Manager- press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Esc] and check for any if any SWTOR or Launcher is running, if found end both processes.
- Visit the link given to download the Launcher Repair toolkit. It will ask for your permission to save a ‘.exe’, accept and save it. http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityD2.0.1.exe
- The launcher by default places in the original destination folder. you can choose to move it to the game install folder or change information from Utility after running the program.
- Run the application and let the installation complete.
- On completion run the game.
Your Anti-virus can create problems in downloading patches. Allow exceptions to your firewall if required.
Common Launcher Errors
“An error has occurred. Retrying…”
A general error, usually related to network issues. Go and check the Network Troubleshooting section.
“An error has occurred. Please exit and restart the SWTOR Launcher.”
Restart the launcher if you receive such errors.
“An error has occurred. Please contact customer support with this error number.”
Run launcherDiag.exe of your SWTOR folder and contact customer support.
“Error downloading patch data. Retrying…”
This error is shown if the launcher is unable to download a patch from the servers and can be a network issue. It will continue retrying to the server.
“Please run with Administrator Privileges.”
Game Launcher must be run as Administrator. See Administrator Settings.
“Only a single instance of this application can run.”
This means the game Launcher is already running. Check your taskbar for any signs of the Launcher. If a SWTOR icon is not at present, open the Task Manager, select Processes tab and terminate the process Launcher.exe.
“Network Error. Check your internet connection.”
Your game Launcher is unable to connect to the internet. Make sure that you have an active connection to the internet. Check your router or modem whether functioning correctly.
“An error occurred updating. Repair”
Click “Repair” link. Repair can take up to 20 minutes to be completed. If Repair do not work and you still receive “corrupt source” or “unknown file” errors in Launcher logs.Logs can be found in the “\logs” directory in your installation location.
- Run Chkdsk
- Run Memtest86+
- Disable overclocking of CPU
- Check CAS Latency setting of your memory in BIOS if correct
- Check voltage settings of your memory from BIOS is correct
- Update your Ethernet drivers
- Update your virus scanning software
Run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
- Open the Windows Start Menu Type ‘cmd’
- Type ‘chkdsk <drive >:’
Any errors are found you can repair using the ‘/r’.
Run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7 & 8):
- Open ‘Computer’
- Right-click on the drive you are installing the program and choose ‘Properties’
- Select ‘Tools’ tab Under ‘Error Checking’
- Select ‘Check now…’
To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 10):
- Open ‘This PC”
- Right-click on the drive you have installed to and select ‘Properties’
- Select ‘Tools’ tab. Under ‘Error Checking’ select ‘Check’
To run Memtest86+:
Download Memtest86+ from http://www.memtest.org. Run the tool according to the directions on the site.
If any errors are found, please remove/replace the affected memory and disable CPU overclocking.
Windows 7 and 10
- Click on Start
- click on the ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose ‘User Accounts’
(you may need to click on the ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ option first).
- Select ‘Manage User Accounts’.
- From the Start, click on Desktop
- Hover over Charms bar.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Control Panel’
- Choose ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’
- Click on ‘Manage Settings’
If you are using the administrator profile of your PC, it will be written ‘Administrator’ beside your username. If not the administrator, try the following:
- Set your user account as the Administrator of your PC.
If you did not get any errors of Launcher or did not get the option to Repair the application, please follow these step
- Restart the Launcher
- Check if the date on your computer is correct.
- Run the launcher as Administrative
- Close all unnecessary applications that are running in the background.
- Open Task Manager and check Applications and Processes Tab.
- Change computer’s sleep settings to ‘Never’
- Disable screensaver
Network Troubleshooting Hacks
You need to allow the launcher i.e launcher.exe and game client swtor.exe to communicate through your firewall.
Your Anti-Virus can also cause problems when launching the game. There are numerous types anti-virus software out there, so go through some general steps below that can help:
- Check your anti-virus software menu for whether ‘swtor.exe’ and ‘launcher.exe’ are NOT in the quarantine list or deletion.
- Add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your anti-virus ‘safelist’.
If you are unsure of how to do either of the above steps then you should contact the manufacturer of your anti-virus software. In addition, we recommend the use of Microsoft Security Essentials for virus protection. It has been tested for compatibility with the SWTOR launcher. If using other anti-virus software, please make sure you’re running the latest version of it.
If a wireless connection, try connecting your PC directly to your router by a wired connection. See if this solves the downloading error of the game’s launcher. Wireless connections tend to reduced signal strength compared to a wired connection of the same network.
You might find your router configuration is hindering your ability to play the game.
Host File Settings
Did you alter your host file to point “cdn-patch.swtor.com” to a specific IP? Please remove this line from your host file. CDNs may change the IP addresses of the servers anytime, causing Launcher to not be able to connect to the server and fetch patch data.
You can utilize a VPN connection, you will need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are doing this by a proxy server, please make sure that it is configured correctly in Internet Options.
If working from a Local Area Network – please check with the network administrator to ensure the connection will allow communication to the SWTOR servers.
If you have recently been connected to a Local Area Network using a proxy server, you will need to disable the proxy settings:
- Open Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet
- Choose Internet Options and
- Select Connections Tab
- Choose LAN settings
- click the checkbox allow setting to be detected automatically.
- Click OK to save changes
Contacting Customer Service
If you are still facing problems with Launcher that is preventing patching or launching the game, run LauncherDiag.exe. It will generate a compressed archive for sending to Customer Service. It will contain your Launcher logs and both dxdiag and system info reports of PC. You should never post these files on the message board. Your system info includes information about your PC.
Reorganising Data When Using the Streaming Launcher.
Reorganizing Data is a normal step in almost every game patch using the BitRaider technology.
Follow the guide below:
Launcher retrieves a document which tells shows the current state of game data. It looks at data on disk to determine what changes are required to be made in the game files.
- Reorganizing Data:
The Launcher moves or deletes data from game files and make room for new or updated data. This typically is the most tedious step in streaming patch process and also very important for the non-streaming patch process.
The Launcher will check for data saved on disk again to determine the data which are to be added or updated.
Lastly, the Launcher will download and insert the new or updated data into the destination folder of SWORT
Our Wrap Up
SWORT is an online game and requires an active connection to the server for multiple reasons like streaming and download of Patch files. It may Sometimes give SWORT not responding error. Server error and Launcher errors are often common problems. You will have to check the settings if such problems are persistent. Check Network Settings and Proxy Servers. If you are using a Wireless network check for signal strength and try to operate your device near to your router. Using a wired connection can often be a better option as the signal strength is more stable. If your problem still persists try reinstalling the game. Uninstall the game remember to reboot your PC and then go ahead and install SWTOR again. May the Force be with you.