Reasons for Shockwave Flash Not RespondingThis problem can occur due to numerous reasons such as an improper update or an outdated flash player. One of the primary reason why this problem happens when the browser gets confused between the Shockwave installed on your system and the player installed in the browser. During this problem, you may encounter a slower browsing and sometimes your system even freezes. Sometimes the “The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash” message pops up on-screen.
You can also read: Canon Printer Not Responding
How to Resolve Shockwave Flash Not Responding: Easy Hacks for Chrome
- Update Chrome
- Open the browser and click on the three horizontal bars from the top-right corner of your screen
- Scroll down till you find the Help option; click on it and then click on About Google Chrome
- From a new window, chrome will automatically check for updates and start the downloading
- Once the process is completed, re-launch your Chrome browser
- Delete All Extensions
- Next, open Google Chrome Browser and type “about extensions”
- When the list appears of all the extensions installed in your browser, delete them.
- Next, check if the problem is gone.
- Update Drivers
- Fix Conflicting Plugins
- Next, open Chrome browser and type “about plugins” in the search bar Press Enter
- Look at the flash plugins from the new window; when you see the Flash(2 Files) you can be sure that the crash is due to an extra plugin
- Check out the extensions of both the plugins and locate them
- After finding the extensions, click on “disable”
- Then restart Chrome