Let’s get on with the solutions I have put together to help you solve the Steam Client Bootstrapper Not Responding error. But before begin with the resolutions steps, let’s discuss the Steam service.
What Is the Steam Service?
With the Steam Client, you can access the Steam digital store where you are able to purchase games video DVDs etc. And the store also provides you with one-stop solutions for Multiplayer Gaming, Video Streaming, and other Social Media Services.
Steam keeps your gaming progress updated by saving your data on their server. It runs on an application programming interface – Steamworks and lets you free up your computer desk by saving your gaming data to a virtual server.
You can also read: MS Excel Not Responding
Once you purchase a game on Steam, you are getting 24/7 access across all compatible devices such as:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Client
- OS X
- Windows Phone
- Steam OS
- PlayStation 3
How to Resolve Steam Client Bootstrapper Not Responding Issue?
All technical products contain bugs and glitches. And Steam Client is not an exception. However, there are some specific solutions that we can perform to resolve the Steam Client not working error.
Clear Download Caches
The caches or your gaming data can make your client’s server heavier. Therefore, this can lead to corrupted files cause network issues. Try to clear up the caches and fix the Bootstrapper issue. Follow these steps:
- Launch and run steam client
- Go to Settings from the top-left of your screen
- From the settings applet, select Downloads
- Next, click Clear Download Cache and wait for sometimes for the process
- Then enter your login credentials and try to log in
- Steam now should work properly but if it doesn’t check out the next solution method
Run as Administrator
All software requires permission to Write and to Read. If you run the application without administrator permission, it is more likely to crash. So, try these steps to prevent it from crashing.
- Press Windows + R; open the run box
- Type taskmgr in the run box, then press Enter. If you cannot perform this step, try this one-
- Right-click on your taskbar and then select task manager in the pop-up menu
- Then press Ctrl + Shift +Esc together from your keyboard
- Scan for running Steam processes and close all the Steam processes
- Right-click on the Steam option then you have to select Run as administrator.
This will solve the problem. In case you are still facing the problem, try out the next method.
Cortana monitors your system performance and saves your personal data which can cause the Steam Client Bootstrapper Not Responding problem. So, you should try to disable Cortana by following these steps:
- Press Windows + R to open Run box and enter regedit command, and open Registry Editor
- Right click on the blank space and select DWORD (32 bit) from the list
- Name the listing to allow Cortana
- The value data needs to be 0-double-click to make sure
- Close the registry editor and reboot your computer and launch Steam as Run as administrator
These will solve the Steam Client Bootstrapper Not Responding problem, but if it doesn’t, leave a comment below.