The System Thread Exception Not Handled Error is a pretty common problem among users. Troubleshooting the error and finding the right solution can get difficult sometimes. Here is what you need, kindly check them out from the sections below.
System Thread Exception Not Handled Error-Details of the Error
The System Thread Exception Not Handled Error is a Blue Screen of Death problem. This error message appears on a blue screen and afterward, it restarts your computer. This kind of error generally happens during the time of startup of your PC and sometimes it lasts for more than 5 mins. This is a common problem for Windows 8 and 10 users, so, there is nothing to worry about.
Why Does the System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD Error Occur?
Due to outdated or corrupted and incompatible Windows driver, this kind of error occurs. A recently installed driver or software can also create this problem. If the newly installed software or drivers cause this problem, you should remove them immediately from your computer. Let’s resolve the problem by following the methods below.
You can also read: How to Resolve Netflix Error On Chrome
Turn Your Computer in Safe Mode
Display driver can be the main source of the problem. Remove the Display driver if it is corrupted or outdated. And for that, restart your computer in safe mode. In the safe mode, only the necessary drivers for Windows OS will be activated.
You have to force shut down the PC using the power button and when the PC restarts, keep pressing the F8 key before the Windows logo appears then select ‘Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking’. After rebooting your computer in safe mode, follow the methods given below.
Run Event Viewer From Command Prompt to Resolve BSOD
The event viewer tool in your Windows computer maintains logs of events, programs, and security events on your system which you can use to gather your computer’s hardware and software problems.
- Click Start and select the Run option
- You can also press Windows + R to start Run
- Type cmd in the empty box and then the press Enter key
- In the command box, type ‘eventvwr’ then wait for a few seconds till a new window opens
- Then select and expands the Windows logs which is available in the first panel from the left side
- Click on System afterward
- Then click on the source option
- Here you need to look for the corrupted and outdated drivers in the list
- After locating the driver, update it
Fix Corrupted Driver
After restarting your PC in safe mode, follow this method-
- Click Start or press the Windows key
- Type Device Manager and when the results appear, select the top one
- Then expand Display Adapters and right-click on the Graphic Card or system display driver
- Then select Properties and go to the Drivers tab
I hope after performing all these steps to resolve System Thread Exception Not Handled Error, you will be successfully able to resolve the BSOD error in your Windows computer, but in case you are still in need of help, please tell us in the comment box below.