Have you heard about the 0x100000ea error? The “Thread Stuck in a Device Driver” is the same error that occurs in a blue screen which is known as Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This error usually occurs when a video hardware device driver enters into an infinite loop. To prevent it from harming your system, the Windows has to stop the booting process. You don’t have to worry if you are encountering this error. Instead, follow the instructions we have given here, and solve the error easily.
Guaranteed Techniques to Fix “Thread Stuck in a Device Driver”
There are not endless ways to resolve this issue. However, you can learn about a few. And those few methods are effective enough to fix the error message in no time. To get the result, follow the solutions given below.
First Method: Update Your Windows
Installing the pending Windows updates can be an effective solution for your “Thread Stuck in a Device Driver” error. An outdated system can trigger many issues, and this time it’s not exceptional. Try to install Windows updates and fix the error.
- Go to the search bar and type Update then press enter
- A new window will open where you can see all the available Windows updates; if you find any available update, just click on the Install Updates option
- Wait for a few minutes; this action won’t consume much of your time.
- Finally, restart your computer.
After your computers restarts, you must check if the issue exists or not. In many cases, the glitch does not persist any longer, but if this is an exception in your case, you should move on to the next solution. You can also read:
How to Customize the Logon Screen
Second Method: Update Your Video Drivers
The error message you are encountering is associated with the video hardware. This indicates that either your video driver is outdated or not compatible with your computer. Therefore, reinstall your video driver and the issue will be gone.
- Open your start menu and go to the search bar
- Then type devmgmt in the search bar and hit Enter; the action will launch the Device Manager
- In the left pane of your device manager window, you will see a list of installed drivers
- Find the drivers related to video named such as Display adaptors and also Sound, video and game controllers
- To expand the list further of the installed drivers, double-click on each of them
- Right-click on each driver falls under those two categories then click on the Update driver option of each of those drivers to install their latest releases
- After updating each driver under the Display adaptors and Sound, video and game controllers option, close all windows and restart your computer
After all these processes are done, you will find the 0x100000ea error no longer. You are sure to fix the error in no time if you follow the methods correctly. Tell us in the comment box below if you have any query regarding the “Thread Stuck in a Device Driver” Chrome error.