Sometimes your PC asks you to grant Akamai NetSession Client permission that lets your computer communicate on a private or public network. If you are not sure about granting this permission or fear it could be a virus, then I will tell you everything about it. Read the following section to learn about this network permission.
What Does Akamai NetSession Client permission Mean?
The Akamai NetSession Client permission is a tool that boosts your download speed. When you grant the permission, it gets installed in your system. It is removable so you can easily remove it by yourself. The Akamai NetSession permission is used by many trusted sites that help you view or download media or documents in your desktop. To deliver files, these companies can ask you to install the tool on your PC.
The tool helps you with-
- Makes download faster from specific companies
- Provides you with reliable and secure download
- Helps you completing more downloads in a shorter time
- HTTPS and SSL security supported
Some users think that the NetSession can be a virus. Your antivirus software may flag it as spyware if you have installed this tool as a BIOS update or through a website. But trust me, it is a false alarm. This tool is not any virus, and you can remove it anytime you want. This tool is also non-intrusive and does not share your private information. You can also read:
Download Pixel Gun 3D for PC
Use the Uninstaller program to Uninstall the Akamai NetSession Client Tool
You can uninstall this tool using an uninstaller program, just follow these simple instructions-
- First, visit your Windows control panel
- Then open Add or Remove Programs tool option
- From there, locate Akamai NetSession Interface
- To change its existence, select it and click on the Change/Remove button
- When your system asks for your permission to uninstall Akamai NetSession, you have to click Yes
- Then you should follow the on-screen instructions
After performing all these steps, restart your computer to notice the changes take place. In case this method does not work, I have another one mentioned below.
Uninstall Akamai NetSession Client From Command Prompt
Check out the simple steps below to uninstall the NetSession tool using the command prompt option-
- Press the Start button or press the Windows logo key to open startup option
- In the search bar, type ‘Command Prompt’ or ‘CMD’ without quotes
- The command prompt application will appear; open it
- Now you need to visit the NetSession installer folder using the DOS commands
- You have to use the following commands-
- Windows OS
- cd Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\Akamai
- Don’t forget to hit Enter after each line and always change the <user-name> with the account username of your Windows computer.
- Then type “admintool.exe uninstall –force” and hit Enter
Wait for a few minutes for the tool to be uninstalled from your system. Which method did work for you for uninstalling Akamai NetSession Client? Tell us in the comment box below, also include if you need any additional help.