Learn easy fixes for your Windows 10, 8 or 7 when it shows “Windows Media Player has stopped working” message while playing music/ videos.Window’s Media Player Not Responding is not a rare issue faced by users. If you have many applications running at once then expect the Media Player to show a ‘no response error’ during startup.
The problems can be different types. You may not be able to view some album art. Or matters like corrupted media library or the program not opening at all.
Windows Media Player is where you can properly organize and play your music and video files. It can do many things like play videos, songs, audiobooks, CD or DVD Discs.
There are some troubleshooting that you can do on your on when your WMP is not working. Usually, Windows Media Player shows Sever Execution when the library videos/audio files are beyond the requirements of the player.
Resolving ‘Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working Error’
Step 1- Fixing the Corrupted Library
If your Library hasn’t followed the requirements of WMP then your player will crash. You may be seeing this message for your Windows Media Player in Windows 10/8 or 7.
Here, you don’t get a clue as to what is causing the Windows Media Player to crash. In these cases, you can try these quick hacks to fix your Windows Media Plater Not Responding Error.
Fix the Corrupted Windows Media Player Library
- Press the Windows key and ‘Q’ together.
- Select ‘Troubleshooting’ from the options.
- On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, you will see options in a listed manner. Click on ‘View all’.
- In the next window, Click on ‘Windows Media Player Library’ so that you can launch the troubleshooting.
- Then, select the ‘Next’ option to start up the Troubleshooting Wizard.
- Now, the Troubleshooting Wizard will detect the root issue that’s causing the Server error. Here the Media Library is corrupt. So, to fix this you have to choose ‘Apply this option’ fixed.
In this case, we too example of a corrupted library. So Troubleshooting fixes this issue in this manner.
Step 2- Clearing Windows Media Player Database to fix Server Execution Error
You can try to clear the database of Windows Media Player. In many cases, it resolves the issue.
Follow the following steps to fix this issue.
- ‘Exit’ the Windows Media Player.
- Click ‘Start’, then click on ‘Run’.
- Type ‘%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player’ in the box and then, click on ‘OK’.
- Select all the files that you see in the folder. Click on ‘Delete’ from the File menu. You do not have to remove any folders that you see in this Folder.
- Restart the Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player will rebuild the database on its own.
Step 3- Clear the Windows Media Player Database Cache
In case the above solutions do not work out for you can try to resolve this by clearing anyWindows Media Player Cache from the database.
- Exit Windows Media Player.
- If you are using Windows 7 then, Click on Start and then click on ‘Run’. Type ‘%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft’ in the box, and then click on OK.
- Select the ‘Media Player’ folder, and then select ‘Delete’ from the File menu.
- Start the Windows Media Player again.
Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database. You can create a backup of your data or music fils before you do the above steps.
Step 4- Open a New Windows Media Player Account
If the above solutions do not work out for you then try to open a new Media Player Account. Follow the steps as under an then try to open the Windows Media Player again.
- Open your User Account by going to the start button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Go to ‘User Accounts’ if your system is connected to a network domain.
- Click on ‘Manage another account’. You will be prompted for an administrator password or a confirmation for the same. Type the password or provide the confirmation.
- Click on the option ‘create a new account’.
- Type the name that you want to put the user account. Select an account type and then click on ‘Create Account’.
- Try to open the Windows Media Player after this and maybe then you will not see the Window Media Player Not Responding Error.
Step 5 – Reinstalling Windows Media Player 12
In case you have been using WMP 12, then there could be a possibility that the issue is because of a corrupt program file. You can easily fix this issue by uninstalling and re-installing the Windows Media Player again.
Step 6 – Fixing WMP with Microsoft Fixit Tool
Microsoft Fixit Tool is a really good tool to fix all issues regarding Windows Media Player. This tool is only supported by XP and when you want to come to OS then windows 7 is the only OS one that this tool supports to fix all.
The remaining types of Windows OS are not supported by this Microsoft Fixit Tool. You have to ensure that the Microsoft Fixit Tool supports the Windows Media Player 10, 11 and 12. Moreover, you need to ensure that you have followed the usage guide that comes along with it.
- Visit the URL-> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9775982. Make sure that the ‘.exe’ file of the Fixit tool is downloaded.
- Select the desired location. Make sure that you have downloaded in the best location as per the guidelines.
- Execute the Tool by pressing the ‘Launch Fixit’ button.
- Select the highlighted option from the list of fixes.
4 Tools To Repair ‘Windows Media Player Not Responding Error’
Apart from the Microsoft Fixit tool following are the 4 tools that are to be executed to make sure that the issue is resolved:
1. GeForce Overlocking
Get here at-> http://bit.ly/2zANlgp
Coolbits developed this program for an easy solution to deliver the best and free solutions to various issues of Windows Media Player.
You have to ensure that the tool is running so that it can quickly resolve any issues in the Media Player. Also, you have to ensure that you are following the instructions that you downloaded along with downloading the tool.
2. Power Strip
Powerstrip has a file size of just 1.3MB and is one of the best programs to resolve your issues in Windows Media Player. It is one of the best tools that you can use to fix errors when it comes to Windows Media Player.Power Strip also ensures that you get the best and the state of the art programs download. The Average rate of downloads is also high as Power Strips ensures that it has delivered the best.
3. Riva Tuner
Riva Tuner is another best and the state of the art programs that ensures that you are getting best and the state of the art programs for fixing your Windows Media player. It uses an advanced environment to run in where it is embedded within so that there are no issues that the program misses out on fixing.
RefreshLock is there to resolve your issues that come up with low display issue. RefeshLock resolves this issue so that you can have an easy transition in the display. It also ensures that you get the best state of the art services so that your issues with the Windows Media Player is fixed. RefreshLook uses a standard and easy-to-use user interface so that you can immediately fix any issue with the WMP as soon as you run it.
5. Windows Media Player-Assistant
Wondershare 7 repairs the Windows Media Player with its overall functionalities and state of the art features. Wondershare 7 makes your experience with Windows Media Player very smooth as it delivers the best state of the art conversion experience with total ease. Wondershare 7 has seen some improvement in its overall go working on the program that will help you to have a better experience with Windows Media Player. It does the overall format conversion in a really fast manner and at the same time, it has more than 150 formats supports which ensures the user gets the best experience in the Windows Media Player.
These are the most common ways to fix the issue in your Windows Media Player Not Responding Error. Also, we have listed the best tools that you can use to fix most of the errors that you face in your Windows Media Player.