Windows operating system can be impressive at times it can be very troublesome too. The Windows Unable to Complete the Format is a Windows error that many global users face. The error creeps up when your Windows operating system face any technical glitch while completing a designated task.
The certain error message often appears when you are working with Windows and trying to format external storage devices like Micro SD Card, USB flash drive, pen drive, hard drive or a solid-state drive. But I have provided some solution methods here that can help you with the fixes.
Windows Unable to Complete the Format- Causes
Before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, I want you to know what causes the problem. So, let’s find out-
- Damaged storage device
- Your system is infected by a virus
- The external disk is write-protected
- The quality of the files stored in the storage is either damaged or corrupted or maybe virus infected
- You unplug the device abruptly while working
You have nothing to worry about when the Windows Unable to Complete the Form problem creeps up instead, follow the instructions below.
Resolve Windows Unable to Complete the Form- Window Disk Management
The Disk Management is just a tool that allows you to view and manage the drives and partitions installed on your Windows system. And this tool also helps us formatting of damaged flash drives. So, let’s discuss the working steps below-
- Go to “My Computer” and right-click on the Windows Disk Management icon and select the Manage option
- When you click on the Manage option, the Disk Management option will be opened up
- Here you’ll have to find the device which you want to format
- Then right-click on that and select Format
These steps will help you resolve the issue, but in case it does not help, please follow the next method.
You can also read: 100 Percent Disk Usage Issue
Resolve Windows Unable to Complete the Format- Command Prompt
If the Disk management does not help, here is what you can do to get the fixes.
- Firstly, click on the start button and type cmd in the Windows search bar
- Next, hit the Command Prompt option and Run it as administrator
- Then you will have to type ‘diskpart’ on the newly opened black screen and then press Enter
- Here a list of all the drives in your computer will appear
- Once you recognize the drive type its name and type ‘clean’ and press Enter
- After that, the computer will leave a message saying that the drive is cleaned and a new partition can be done
- To do so, type ‘create primary partition’ and press Enter
- Next type ‘format /FS:FAT32F:’ and press Enter
- This process will be doing the formatting of FAT file system
Last Few Word
I have provided all the solutions that I knew would help you with fixing the Windows Unable to Complete the Format error. But if you have any other suggestion, then please tell us in the comment box below.